Plan B

whubbla

So, I'll start. Hoping to find a job that makes some use of what I've done in my masters program while I deliberate whether to apply to Ph.D. programs again (granted, I did not cast a very wide net this time given personal-geographic constraints). What thoughts and plans do others have? Parents' couch? Investment banking? Clergy? Burger-flipping? House-spouse?

i'm living my Plan B- running the research dept at a magazine. auditioning for a bluegrass band. drawing a comic book. freelance copyediting. constantly reading religious history. i feel very fortunate to have a full-time, salaried job with benefits, but it's not what i want to do with my life/career. Academia, if God wills it!

I'm living my plan B now... which IS good work (Community National Organizing) BUT have come to realize in the last 2-3 years that organizing without strong overall messaging is crippled. Important but crippled. However, Plan B is going to be finding another good job, or stretching mine into something which requires more writing and teaching, and less (way less) cat-herding.

• 2 weeks later...