Will I get into the Villanova M.S. program?

andrewbaxley86

Hello all! If there is anyone out there familiar with the Villanova M.S. program, I'd love to find out what you think my chances of admission are. My stats are...

GPA- 3.44 (3.7 in final 60 credits)

GRE- V(167/710) Q(158/740) A(5)

3 strong recommendations

2 semesters of research experience

1 semester clinical internship

1 semester as a TA

I didn't realize until very late in the game that I wanted to focus on social psychology, thus my extra-curricular experience is sort of all over the board.

Any input regarding my chances or recommendations for how I might improve my chances would be very much appreciated!

Hello there!

You are in luck! I'm currently in the Villanova M.S. program as a second year student.

Based on what you've provided - you have very strong GRE scores, so that is a definite plus. Your cumulative GPA is a little low, however your last 60 units is strong. From my own experience, you can be high in one area (e.g., GRE) but low in another (e.g., GPA) and still be admitted. However, research experience is (almost) an absolute must, and it appears that you have it! Don't sweat it if your experience is not in the same area as what you might want to explore at 'Nova. You will have the opportunity to volunteer in anyone's lab to gain experience.

To answer your question: yes, I think you have a strong chance at being admitted, but I'm not a fortune teller of course. ;)

I'd be happy to talk to you further about the program privately and give you any needed insights!

Good luck.

Edited by Nicolas Brown