Grades after receiving acceptance?

hungryhungryhipster

So, how much do you think grades in my final term of undergrad matter if I've already been accepted to several schools? The only time they'd see my final grades for this term would be when I submit my completed transcript after graduation. If I get less than stellar marks in a couple courses, could they reverse their admission decision? The letter of acceptance I got stated that it was conditional on receipt of my final transcript showing the conferral of my bachelor's degree. It said nothing about grades.

Not that I plan on slacking off this term, but I have so many other things going on, I fear for my average. I've got so many schools wanting me to fly over to different cities to visit them, I'm going to be missing quite a few classes, plus I'm doing so much research and project work I just don't have time for my usual study habits.

You should be fine as long as you graduate without major incident (=a couple lower but reasonable grades probably won't hurt you). Your language is amusing though: so many schools, so much research, so much project work. Don't use those as excuses if anyone ever asks about lower grades, or they might think you won't be able to stand the pressure of graduate school.

You should be fine as long as you graduate without major incident (=a couple lower but reasonable grades probably won't hurt you). Your language is amusing though: so many schools, so much research, so much project work. Don't use those as excuses if anyone ever asks about lower grades, or they might think you won't be able to stand the pressure of graduate school.

Very true. It's worth noting that three of my courses this term are project/research related (i.e. write a paper and get it to me in April), so i was counting those. I only have two actual classes, and those are the ones I'm concerned about, simply because I will be missing so much class time due to flying all around the country. It's not really about lack of time, just lack of being present. Being an aural learner, if I miss classes it really messes me up.

I think most schools recognize that applications and interviews can be almost a fulltime job. They should be willing to accept somewhat lower than typical grades. I think some students design their schedules to make them really light during interview season, but that's not always possible.

I think most schools recognize that applications and interviews can be almost a fulltime job. They should be willing to accept somewhat lower than typical grades. I think some students design their schedules to make them really light during interview season, but that's not always possible.

Well, in Canada, I don't think interviews are the norm as they are in the US. The only school that has interviewed me is UofT. The other that I've heard back from just accepted me without talking to me. I see your point though. Even just doing applications is a ton of work.

A professor advised that my last semester UG grades are still important. Not right NOW but they will be when I am looking to find a job professionally as an academic. Apparently, when universities hire they will ask for your UG and Grad transcripts so... it never really stops.