Tennessee

I saw where someone got a letter of rejection from Tennessee on the results board. I still haven't heard anything: what gives? I project that I'll get shot down as well thanks to an atrocious subject test score.

Reject here. I'm not sure exactly what it said; I'm out of town, and my folks called with the news. From what I gather it was a pretty standard rejection letter: lots of qualified applicants, accepting less grad students, department has less funding, etc. I wasn't expecting to get in, so I'm not torn up about it. Good luck to the two of you!

Hey folks. I spoke to Leanne @ UT, asking about my status after I saw the UTK rejection on here. The admissions committee went through the first round and sent out rejection letters, but they're still going through more rounds before sending acceptances. I know I didn't get a rejection letter (I asked), but we'll see what happens in the coming weeks!

Marlowe--I contacted the Grad representative back in December and she said my file was complete. Since then, I've just gotten the e-mail three times a week that says nothing since their electronic system is broken.

• 2 weeks later...

I found out that I am on the waitlist. After hearing so much "no news" for a while, I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't instant gratification, but I'm willing to wait it out for UTK and super happy it's not an instant no. Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd write this for all you fine folks in this thread. I called UTK this morning and the grad director told me they have 55 people on their WL (I thought holy shit? Do you WL everyone?) and that I was 17th. That seems like quite a bad place to be, so I'm not going to hold out too much hope for them in the coming weeks.

I'm guessing it's bad news that I haven't heard anything?

You should call Tom Haddox and find out. He was a pretty nice guy and gave me a straight answer when I inquired about the WL.