Is it Important to Visit the Schools?

nathancotephoto

To be honest after looking at all of the schools i applied to they are all great creative environments and would help to give my work the completion it requires. Is it important to visit them so they know you on a visual and somewhat personal basis? I feel like i just need the influence and time to work irregardless of the place i guess. Maybe I'm being naive.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree: yes.

Visit the schools and talk to current grad students. The visit is not as useful if you do not get their perspective, face-to-face. They have the best view on what your experience at a given program would actually be like.

I guess decisions are going to be made in the next couple weeks and if i dont get in next year i will try to visit some of the schools. im more interested in meeting with the staff than students. I would like the committee to have a face to put to the name and portfolio they are viewing in hopes that they wouldn't feel as compelled to have an interview. It would be great to visit NY where most of the schools im applying to reside due to the fact that the city itself has 10 times the population of the state I'm From :)

has anyone tried to visit with the staff at Parsons, RISD, SVA or NYU? Do they make themselves available?