pacific university SLP interviews

kriskros

Has anyone been to the Pacific University Speech Pathology Interviews yet? I'm curious about the set up and if they were group interviews or individual. It didn't look like they set aside a lot of time for the interview portion of the day!

I'm going up for my interview on Friday! When's yours? I'm curious too. I even called to see if it was more of a "come see our campus/hear a pitch!" or an actual interview. The woman I talked to was adamant that it was an "admissions interview" so I decided to schlep myself there last minute from CA. I've heard they've invited 120ish (out of how many total applicants, I don't know).

Write back on how yours went! I'll make sure to update one of these threads as well.

Somebody asked in another thread about this so check also for answers here:

I wish I could afford to travel up there, but they gave such short notice! I also have 2 other interviews, so it seems impractical that I could travel all over the country in the next week. Pacific pushed back my skype interview to Monday, apparently they had way too many people that wanted to interview via skype and not enough time on Friday. Good luck at your interview! Keep me updated on how it goes!

The interview went well - though I'm never good about talking myself up! I'm either too self-deprecating or I feel too arrogant! But they were pretty general questions, nothing too tough. And they were great about answering my questions. They were individually given and didn't feel rushed. There were a number of different interviewers too. I also learned that they got over 200 applications -- so we were in the top 60% at least! They'll be accepting 35 initially, for 35 spots, but of course I'm sure some will choose to go somewhere else so they'll end up accepting more than that. They're going to let the first wave know "very soon" they said. Probably in the next couple of weeks. A lot of the other applicants there today were from local colleges - U of Oregon and Portland State. Overall I got a pretty good impression of the school - everyone seems to know what they are doing and it seems well organized. They have lots of clinic contacts as well from their existing PT and OT programs and all practica are off site.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow, and definitely chime in on what you thought too!

I had my interview this afternoon and it went well. It was strange interviewing over skype. I wish that I'd had the opportunity to see the facilities and meet more faculty. Seems like a very promising program though! Hopefully we hear good news soon! I wouldn't mind living up in the pacific northwest again.

Whoa someone already got a call of acceptance! (Well, according to the board). Wonder if they've given them all out yet?

How did your other interviews go?! I applied to NM State. Do you happen to know anything about their program?

Edited by Astrid Coleslaw

I saw that! I figured they made all of their initial calls last week and pretty much lost hope on being in their first round. My interview went well, but I didn't really feel like I had the chance to make much of an impression. Here's hoping that some of those first round picks turn them down quickly!

I applied to the university of new mexico and eastern new mexico U, but not to NM State. I really hate the location of their program, and don't think that I could stand actually living there for 2 years! Other than that I don't know very much about their program specifically since I discounted them early on. I've heard good things from the students that I know who have attended though.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm pretty sure I didn't make first cut either! I don't know if I interview very well, to be honest :huh: But I did get into an in-state school so I'll probably go there anyway (and they were twice as competitive! what an ego boost!) I was glad I got to see the program and campus though. I hear they just snagged 2 more professors from PDX state's program. I'm interested in seeing how the program works out.

Thanks for the info on NMSU! I actually got an acceptance e-mail from them too. Their program looks cool, but yeah, the location is kind of out there. Will probably turn them down because I'd rather stay in CA for the tuition now that I have at least one option. Congrats on your acceptances!

• 2 weeks later...

I got that too! I guess that means we didn't make the first round but might get an offer from their 2nd tier/waitlist. Though now that I've gotten into a CA school, I'll probably go there.

Looks like you've decided on NAU! Congrats! I've heard good things about their program.

• 10 months later...