Duke

water_rabbit

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I officialy haven't heard about Duke, but i wrote them last week and they told me they had already sent out admission offers. Therefore, no news means either your will be rejected or you will be waitlisted.

Hi guys,

I officialy haven't heard about Duke, but i wrote them last week and they told me they had already sent out admission offers. Therefore, no news means either your will be rejected or you will be waitlisted.

Agreed. As I said above, I got waitlisted just today. I received an e-mail saying that there's been a decision on my application and I should go check it out on the website. You could have been waitlisted or soon to be rejected. I'm looking forward to hear from them for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

I also turned down an offer from Duke. It was most definitely not related to their funding package, which is phenomenal. After making visits, I decided that Indiana was a better fit for me, and so accepted that offer. Best of luck to those on the waitlist! The visit convinced me that they have a great department; it just wasn't quite right for me.

I also turned down an offer from Duke. It was most definitely not related to their funding package, which is phenomenal. After making visits, I decided that Indiana was a better fit for me, and so accepted that offer. Best of luck to those on the waitlist! The visit convinced me that they have a great department; it just wasn't quite right for me.

elw4y8-- you took the words right out of my mouth. I guess we must have missed each other on Duke's visit days. I'm also leaning towards accepting the offer from Indiana over Duke. And yes, the funding package at Duke is extremely competitive. It was also more a matter of fit for me as well. Also for some of my particular interests--education/race&ethnicity-- the faculty situation is a bit fluid at the moment. But def. a great program!

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I'm curious. Second of all, I assume things might still change until June, because I heard that York still has a waitlist after me. I only accepted York because it is the only acceptance I currently have and I didn't wanna pass the deadline while waiting for Duke.

First of all I'm curious. Second of all, I assume things might still change until June, because I heard that York still has a waitlist after me. I only accepted York because it is the only acceptance I currently have and I didn't wanna pass the deadline while waiting for Duke.

Same as me, the only school accepted me is Oxford, and I am waiting for Duke too, but I think it's very unlikely to get off the waiting list, because I know many other people are waiting, too.

Duke has an "official" cohort of 10 people now who've accepted. I'm assuming a few of these got in off the waitlist since they weren't part of the visit week. Last year I believe they had a cohort of 6. I don't know what this means for people still on the waitlist now, but thought you might appreciate what little info I have.