Heinz FAQ 2012 (link)

I just got my Heinz admit!!!! (Today was my Pittsburgh day - I got into Pitt this morning) I got 12000 which they say is renewable for my remaining semesters contingent upon my continued high academic performance. Does anybody know what high academic performance constitute?

Heinz is my dream school but I can only afford it if i get that 12000 per semester.

I got the same exact offer with the same conditions. What is your undergrad GPA? Mine was 3.74, perhaps they expect us to keep the same GPA...? I'm waiting for two more admissions decisions and if I need to I'll call CMU and ask what it means exactly. Congratulations!!

I will be attending admitted students weekend (but just for the Saturday). Anyone else on this board going to be there?

I will be there! have you heard about places to stay for the weekend.

I have only posted on this board twice, but all of you have been more helpful than any other resource in my admissions process. But, back on topic...I'll be there on Saturday for admitted students' weekend as well! Hope to meet you guys at some point!

I will be there! have you heard about places to stay for the weekend.

Pittsburgh is actually my hometown so I will be bunking with my family for the weekend. But I think they can arrange for you to stay with a current student? There are also some hotels in the area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Their difficulty in finding a job is also likely compounded by the fact that a lot of Chinese students seeking a U.S. education get in through admission coaches, professionally written SOPs, and flat-out falsifying letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc. So on paper they have all these skills and experiences that should get them a job, but not in reality.

I agree that a lot of the SOPs from Chinese students have been edited by a third-party and recommendation letters are usually written and signed by the student (with permission from the recommender). However I'm pretty sure the admissions panels at the top schools here are aware of this and can easily see through the non-genuine ones. I know at least the increase in Chinese students in the MISM program in recent years is attributed to an increase in GRE/GMAT score among the Chinese applicants, and this isn't something you can cheat on.

Congrats to those that were admitted to Heinz