UConn, anyone?

Not me either nor will it be.

I haven't heard anything, either, though I applied to the M.A., not the Ph.D. Also, Jbarks, don't count yourself out yet for IU. As far as I'm aware, they haven't yet made their final admit decisions. Keep up the hope! :)

Emailed Ms. Udal, and heard back rather promptly:

"We should be sending out notices shortly (by early next week). Please check our on-line system ApplyYourself for your status. Thank you."

I'm a tad confused about her reply, though, as there are already two acceptances on the board. I'm not taking this as a good sign.

It could always be that those people were contacted early because of special fellowships. That's happened for me for two of the three programs I've been accepted to, so I think it's fairly common practice. It's too bad the posts on the board don't specify, but it's quite likely. Also, as far as I know Apply Yourself doesn't update without an e-mail notification...at least that's how it's been for the other two schools that used it.

It could always be that those people were contacted early because of special fellowships. That's happened for me for two of the three programs I've been accepted to, so I think it's fairly common practice. It's too bad the posts on the board don't specify, but it's quite likely. Also, as far as I know Apply Yourself doesn't update without an e-mail notification...at least that's how it's been for the other two schools that used it.

I certainly hope so. It's getting difficult to hope, though.

Emailed Ms. Udal, and heard back rather promptly:

"We should be sending out notices shortly (by early next week). Please check our on-line system ApplyYourself for your status. Thank you."

I'm a tad confused about her reply, though, as there are already two acceptances on the board. I'm not taking this as a good sign.

That's odd. I emailed her yesterday morning and didn't receive any reply. I suppose I'll just have to wait.

Hello, I was one of the people admitted. My e-mail from Ms. Udal was equally terse; it was a short "Congratulations" accompanied by two attachments--a letter of acceptance and another document notifying me of a fellowship nomination. As bdon infers, I may have received an early notification because of the fellowship. I hope more acceptances are on their way. I am 80% sure I won't be taking their offer at this point, so I hope my slot will be given to someone on the program's waitlist if they do have one. Please stay hopeful!

Ok so this is my first time posting to the forum, but I kinda feel like I know you all already as I've been hanging out here for a while (I hate the "lurker" expression).

Anyhoo, I can't sit on the sidelines any longer -- totally freaking out! UConn is kinda my last hope this year, as I'm assuming I won't get into Yale. I've got just one wait list to hang my hopes on at this point, so I was really looking to UConn to be my last chance. I really hope those two admits are special early notices and we'll see a wave of more admits tomorrow.

Have I used the word 'hope' enough in this post? Let me throw in some more: hope. freaking out. hope?

Ok so this is my first time posting to the forum, but I kinda feel like I know you all already as I've been hanging out here for a while (I hate the "lurker" expression).

Anyhoo, I can't sit on the sidelines any longer -- totally freaking out! UConn is kinda my last hope this year, as I'm assuming I won't get into Yale. I've got just one wait list to hang my hopes on at this point, so I was really looking to UConn to be my last chance. I really hope those two admits are special early notices and we'll see a wave of more admits tomorrow.

Have I used the word 'hope' enough in this post? Let me throw in some more: hope. freaking out. hope?

Welcome to the boards! :D I share your hopes! I really want UConn (and, like you, would love Yale, but, you know, it's Yale). I still have Northeastern waiting in the wings (still a few weeks before I'll hear from them, though), but UConn is a much better fit. I may possibly have a waitlist at Brandeis, but I'm not even officially there. So, I'm definitely hoping for UConn. It would be amazing if the other admits came tomorrow, only assuming we're in that group of course!

What's your proposed specialty?

Edited by caitlee91

So, I'm definitely hoping for UConn. It would be amazing if the other admits came tomorrow, only assuming we're in that group of course!

What's your proposed specialty?

I know, right: here's to hoping there's another batch of acceptances coming AND we're in that batch!

My area is Brit Mod > fiction > women's lit

You know, not too competitive ;). I am focusing on a really under represented writer, tho, who shall remain nameless here.

Just got accepted to the M.A. at UConn with a nice package and TA-ship! But, since I've been accepted to some really great Ph.D. programs, I'll be turning down my spot, so hopefully someone will luck out on here! :)

Just got accepted to the M.A. at UConn with a nice package and TA-ship! But, since I've been accepted to some really great Ph.D. programs, I'll be turning down my spot, so hopefully someone will luck out on here! :)

Congrats anyway. I was impressed with the funding you posted on the results board. That's slightly more than CUNY pays their PhD students. :huh: For a master's program!

Now you're just showin' off, bdon. B)

Congrats-- you should be proud, it's a great program, and funded MAs are quite rare.

Congrats anyway. I was impressed with the funding you posted on the results board. That's slightly more than CUNY pays their PhD students. :huh: For a master's program!

Now you're just showin' off, bdon. B)

Yeah, their funding is one of the main reasons I applied there. It's crazy for an M.A.! Maybe the cost of living is higher there? I don't really know... The program also was a really good fit for me, but I'm more enthusiastic about some of the others.

And Trip, your track record's nothing to scoff at. ;)