UConn, anyone?

Haha, thanks! It seems like a great program there but I, like everyone else!!, just want the whole process to be over with so I somewhat know what I will be doing with my life. I only got my official letter from the grad school today so I imagine they also have some waitlist stewing. Congrats on your other acceptances, too!

Oh thanks! I agree with wanting the process to be done with... I applied to entirely too many schools (though I don't think that's bad) and was very lucky to have heard back positively from a couple of schools very early in the process that I'd be delighted to attend. Now, though, I just want some clarity and I'm afraid to make any real decisions until this madness is over with. An acceptance from UConn would only further complicate this whole ordeal, too, as one of my favorite narrative theorists teaches there. Oh, life.

I've heard nothing either. Even called and nobody answered (how is that possible??).

I'm pretty sure I'm just waiting for the rejection letter at this point, which I'm fine with since I'm in elsewhere. It would sure be nice to just know for certain! I did really like the looks of their Irish Lit program.

Got the waitlist email, and this concludes my notifications for the season (sorry that you're still waiting, @transcendental, but congrats on Fordham and St. Louis!).

Now, here's to hoping a spot opens up for me at one of my two waitlist schools!

I had not heard anything from University of Connecticut, and I could not take the waiting anymore, so I called the graduate school yesterday. They told me they had not heard anything on my application since they sent it to the English Dept. in March, so they transferred me to Mary Udal. I ended up with her voice mail, so I sent her an e-mail inquiring about my status. It turns out they mailed my acceptance letter to me (dated February 24th), and I never received it! She e-mailed me all the details -- accepted into the PhD program in English with a Children's Literature Specialization for Fall 2012. It's a fully funded assistantship including out of state tuition remission and a health insurance subsidy. I am super excited!

I wanted to pass this along in case any one else has given up on a program after not hearing from them. It might be worth calling just in case. Good luck!

Thanks, mresene. I just emailed Mary, as well. I haven't heard anything from them, and I am trying to make my final decisions, so I would like to have some closure soon!

Congrats also!

Edited by Jbarks

I emailed and was told I was on the wait-list. The fact that other people actually got an email, after my initial excitement, makes me think I am probably not high up on the wait list. Le sigh!

Have any of you on the UConn waitlist heard (or asked) about where on the waitlist you are or any details about how their waitlist works?

Other than my email to DGS letting her know I was still interested, and her reply, I haven't had any other communication with them.

Imogene - I did ask, but the essential response was: very few responses have been received either way from their acceptances (this was about a week and a half ago), and that people on the wait-list will know as soon as they know. I presume from this answer that there isn't a numbered waitlist, because otherwise they do seem to give some indication - and the only other option is that I'm pretty low numbered and thus wasn't worthy of further encouragement. ;P

Edited by Adam Daniell

• 2 weeks later...