Recruitment event-Friday --attire???

noyoo

I have a whole day recruitment day on a Friday ...mingling with psych faculty and grad students...and having brunch.

apparently profs make decisions after this day. I already had a interview with my potential mentor

Any suggestions wat attire(female) should be worn...

I have a recruitment day on Friday, too! You should PM me where you're going...maybe we'll be at the same one :)

Anyway, I asked a current graduate student what the dress code is...she said business casual, like something you'd wear to a conference. I have a suit jacket, but I'm worried about being overdressed and feeling uncomfortable in that. I decided on nice blacks slacks, black leather flats, a professional looking blouse, and a nice black cardigan over the blouse. I feel like that kind of outfit sends the message that you are serious and professional without appearing snobby or stuffy (what I fear about the suit jacket).

Of course, it totally depends on the program. Is there a grad student contact you could ask? Or a graduate admissions coordinator? I've heard some programs saying jeans are okay, while others say business casual.

My interview with potential advisor was on a Friday too.i wore dark blue jeans with white top and a grey jacket...but I can't replicate now...

Mine is in Canada...

Since it is on Friday...I don't want to be overdressed....I want to b semi formal/casual..

You could wear a nice sweater, dress pants, and flats or low heels. A dress with tights is another alternative, as long as it's reasonably modest and professional. Contacting a grad student to ask about the dress code is always a good idea.

For my interview earlier this year I wore: grey slacks, a white collared blouse, a grey vest and a burgundy velvet blazer. A little make up, and a minimal jewelry.. and chunky oxfords.

Other girls wore knee length dresses with cardigans; slacks and shirts...

Then for the evening, we were in more casual clothing: sweaters and jeans... And the same for lunch the following day.