Recruitment Weekends - Join a mailing list!

RWBG

So I'll be going to Madison, Rochester, UCLA, and Michigan, and I thought I'd set up mailing lists for those going to the weekends so we can meet up while we're there. If you're going and want to join a list, PM me your name and e-mail and I'll set things up. Your name and e-mail will only be shared with those also attending that school's weekend. Also, if you've been admitted to any of those schools but CAN'T go, you can ask to be added to the list so you can ask other attendees for information about the schools after they've been there/so you can discuss your thoughts about the school.

Also, if you'll be visiting schools not on this list, I invite you to set up your own mailing lists using this thread!

Great idea. In addition to Rochester and Madison, I will also be visiting Illinois if anyone is going. (They set up student visits individually, so we may not be there on the same day but we can still share our thoughts.)

Edited by Jwnich1

I'm off to UT-Austin today and tomorrow. I won't be at the dinner tonight due to an exam, but I am looking forward to meeting some GradCafe-ers tomorrow! PM me if you'll be there!

I didnt' add myself to a list for them since I can't go--but I'd love to hear your impressions if you're amenable since I can't get my own in person!

I didnt' add myself to a list for them since I can't go--but I'd love to hear your impressions if you're amenable since I can't get my own in person!

Sure! As said previously, I will be missing dinner tonight, but I will report back my impressions via PM when I get back home. What is your sub-field, if you don't mind me asking?

Sure! As said previously, I will be missing dinner tonight, but I will report back my impressions via PM when I get back home. What is your sub-field, if you don't mind me asking?

That would be awesome. I'm comparative.

Please someone let me know if they are planning on going to Georgetown. Between the distance from the UK and it being within a week of my upcoming wedding, I don't think I am going to be able to make it. Thanks!

Congrats on your wedding!

Thanks! I reckon it's the only thing more harrowing than the application process. Unless you do something completely insane like doing them both at the same time (like me!)

Thanks! I reckon it's the only thing more harrowing than the application process. Unless you do something completely insane like doing them both at the same time (like me!)

(And me.) Agreed.