Can a non-author present a paper?

I have two accepted papers in two different conferences which happen to be held at the same time. The papers must be presented for them to be published in the proceedings.

I'll will attend one conference and I was wondering if I can register for the other one but ask a colleague of mine who is neither an author nor a registrant of the conference to present it. Is this permissible? Did any of you girls/guys try this before?

This seems strange to me. I'm in the humanities so perhaps it's different, but I would never consider having someone else present my paper unless something terrible happened like I suddenly became very ill right before the conference. If I were in your situation, I would just choose one conference and concentrate on doing an excellent job presenting there.

In my field, the only person eligible to present is the FIRST AUTHOR on the paper. Sometimes, with advanced notice (or in emergencies), they will admit another author to stand-in and present.

I second what purpledinosaur has said.

Best!

If your paper is in the ECE area and the conference is an international conference, it's allowable for someone to present on your behalf. Make sure the person presenting knows what he/she is talking about though. I'm tired of going to international conferences and sitting through foreign speakers presenting on their colleagues' behalf.

If your paper is in the ECE area and the conference is an international conference, it's allowable for someone to present on your behalf. Make sure the person presenting knows what he/she is talking about though. I'm tired of going to international conferences and sitting through foreign speakers presenting on their colleagues' behalf.

I don't see how "knowing what he/she is talking about" has anything to do with "foreign speakers presenting on their colleagues' behalf". That just sounds like plain intolerance to me.