MFA Admission Replies - short and simple

csk

i just contacted them...more than likely you are on the wait-list...i had a friend accepted and a friend rejected...so things are looking good!

mdradzu2:

If you don't mind answering, how did you find out you were wait-listed from U of Illinois, Chicago? By mail?

This is my first choice and I haven't heard anything at all yet. . . they're torturing me!

Other news for everyone waiting:

CCA: accepted

Mills College (SF): waitlisted

UCSD: rejected

UBC: no news

UIC: NO NEWS!

hey guys,

Have anyone heard from this following?

MFA design, Graphic design ;

-SVA

-MICA

-RIT

???

Also, I had interview with cranbrook (2D design) but I still not heard their final word... anyone received their email/postal yet?

Hello all,

Photography applicants: Is anyone else interviewing at Yale next week?

Have any of you been accepted to Parsons, and if so, are you considering enrolling?

Anybody interview at ICP-Bard?

I just did a results search for VCU and noticed that someone posted an interview for sculpture (dated a week or so ago). I was told that VCU does not do interviews in the sculpture dept.- anyone else have an interview there (for sculpture)?

I know we should be hearing from them any day now but they are the last school I am waiting on and patience has never been a virtue of mine:) Not to mention Mills wants to know if I'm accepting...

me too CD3!! all of us NY hunter accepts should get together sometime for celebratory drinks!

on another note here are my updates:

New Genres/New Media, NY, NY

UIC - Accepted, no funding information yet

U of Chicago - Accepted, no funding AT ALL

U Illinois, Urbana-Champaign - Accepted, full funding, really liked them a lot, tearing me apart :(

Hunter - Accepted (hell yeah!), but was told they don't really "do" funding...big bummer

UC Davis - Accepted, 25K stipend first year and all tuition and fees, second year fuzzy...

SMFA, Boston - Accepted, 10K scholarship (no thank you i am not paying 22K plus living)

CCA - Accepted, no funding information yet

Northwestern - Waitlisted

Syracuse - Accepted

U Delaware - Accepted, 15K t.a. and full tuition remission

Washington University in St. Louis (WUSTL) - accepted, 11K scholarship

UC Berkeley - Rejected

UCSD - Rejected

USC - Rejected

RISD - Nothing, expect rejection

UC Irvine - Rejected (thank god!)

now i am really torn up, going to see Davis and CCA next week which i think may make it even worse

Came home to find all of my remaining decision letters in the mailbox!

Accepted: SMFA Boston (10K scholarship, but still expensive as all get-out) Massart Sculpture, and Massart SIM

Rejected: CalArts, SAIC Performance and SAIC Sculpture

Waitlisted: SAIC Fibers, MICA Rinehart and MICA Mt Royal

Unfortunately, (or perhaps fortunately, as it takes the decision-making out of things) MICA's waitlist picks up on April 13th. This falls 2 days after I have to let Massart know my intentions. I really like MassArt and had been thinking I would accept there unless MICA offered me a lot of money. I don't see how a MICA education can really be worth 12K more per year.

I am almost suspicious of MassArt... It's SO cheap and the facilities (beautiful new grad studios and more lighting equipment than I've ever seen at one time) really impressed me. Is there something else I should know about the place? Do the teachers eat brains?

I just did a results search for VCU and noticed that someone posted an interview for sculpture (dated a week or so ago). I was told that VCU does not do interviews in the sculpture dept.- anyone else have an interview there (for sculpture)?

I know we should be hearing from them any day now but they are the last school I am waiting on and patience has never been a virtue of mine:) Not to mention Mills wants to know if I'm accepting...

Hi Sarahb78,

I had a phone interview about a week ago. (though the post on the result search wasn't me.) And still waiting. I have a feeling that they are doing/ did interviews with international applicants, which I am. I remember the status of whoever posted on the result list was also non U.S. citizen or some sort. Plus my phone interview with Amy wasn't really like an interview. She said that the purpose of the call was to find out more about what kind of person I am. She was very nice and I got to ask many questions about the school. Compared to interviews I had with Hunter (gosh, I did so bad) and CMU (not sure what to say, it went ok), it was more like a healthy conversation.

Anyhow, my American friend who also applied there hasn't heard anything from them either. but yeah, we should be hearing from them any day.

me too CD3!! all of us NY hunter accepts should get together sometime for celebratory drinks!

U Illinois, Urbana-Champaign - Accepted, full funding, really liked them a lot, tearing me apart :(

Hunter - Accepted (hell yeah!), but was told they don't really "do" funding...big bummer

UC Davis - Accepted, 25K stipend first year and all tuition and fees, second year fuzzy...

SMFA, Boston - Accepted, 10K scholarship (no thank you i am not paying 22K plus living)

Syracuse - Accepted

Washington University, St. Louis - accepted, 11K scholarship

UC Berkeley - Rejected

UCSD - Rejected

USC - Rejected

now i am really torn up, going to see Davis and CCA next week which i think may make it even worse

hey brosenth!

just curious if you let uic know about your decision...should i hope that you haven't and i may get your seconds!? ha!

thanks!

Hi Sarahb78,

I had a phone interview about a week ago. (though the post on the result search wasn't me.) And still waiting. I have a feeling that they are doing/ did interviews with international applicants, which I am. I remember the status of whoever posted on the result list was also non U.S. citizen or some sort. Plus my phone interview with Amy wasn't really like an interview. She said that the purpose of the call was to find out more about what kind of person I am. She was very nice and I got to ask many questions about the school. Compared to interviews I had with Hunter (gosh, I did so bad) and CMU (not sure what to say, it went ok), it was more like a healthy conversation.

Anyhow, my American friend who also applied there hasn't heard anything from them either. but yeah, we should be hearing from them any day.

Thanks for the reply Mmmh! I guess there is still a slight chance then:) Good luck to you!

My final count is killing me. Here is the list in order of preference:

CCA: Waitlisted

PNCA: Waitlisted

Portland State: Waitlisted

SFAI: Accepted

No rejections though, right?! :mrgreen:

It's all a poker game from here I suppose.

Hi Everyone,

Here are my updates:

SMFA, Boston - Interviewed, Accepted (w/10 K scholarship)

MassArt - Interviewed, waiting to hear results

Pratt - Waitlisted

Parsons - Nothing yet

UCLA - Rejected

UC Berkeley - Rejected

Hunter - Rejected

RISD - Rejected

Yale - Rejected

Columbia - Rejected

NYU - Rejected

SVA - Rejected

CCA - Rejected

CSULB - Rejected

U of WA, Seattle - Rejected

Royal Academy, London - Rejected

UPenn - Rejected

Folks waiting on Hunter - I got a call today from David Bohl letting me know I was accepted to the program! SO EXCITED! Good luck to everyone!!!

I got the call today, too! Or rather, I got the voicemail after a cross country flight...saw that 212 on my voicemail and got a little rush of euphoria as it went on; probably looked like a grinning fool as I waited to get off the plane! Celebratory drinks are certainly in order! Unless I get some great financial offer I cannot refuse from SAIC, I'll almost definitely be accepting Hunter's offer. That call is such a weight off my back, I don't think it has even really sunk in yet.

Are you both still leaning heavily towards Hunter? Looks like it from the elation!

I got the call today, too! Or rather, I got the voicemail after a cross country flight...saw that 212 on my voicemail and got a little rush of euphoria as it went on; probably looked like a grinning fool as I waited to get off the plane! Celebratory drinks are certainly in order! Unless I get some great financial offer I cannot refuse from SAIC, I'll almost definitely be accepting Hunter's offer. That call is such a weight off my back, I don't think it has even really sunk in yet.

Are you both still leaning heavily towards Hunter? Looks like it from the elation!

I know exactly what you mean about seeing that pretty little 212 area code :) Definitely going with Hunter! Congrats to you too!

I know exactly what you mean about seeing that pretty little 212 area code :) Definitely going with Hunter! Congrats to you too!

I am having the hardest time with this one! I am falling in love with every place that i visit (i think i am reverting back into a 16 year old during this process) and i can't make a decision. Hunter's lack of any funding could be problematic for me (i know its cheap, but NY isn't), but it is a hard one to even think of turning down...

brosenth -

hunter is crazy cheap. i think the idea is that you go part time for three years and work a part-time job at the same time. the cost of living in new york isn't that bad if you live in brooklyn or queens; you can get a really decent room for under $700 if you spend the time to look. you'll pay $100 a month for transportation, won't need a car, won't pay car insurance or parking... you can eat $1.50 bagels... you'll be offsetting the cost of living via working, and i'm sure they'll give you loans to cover tuition. you might be able to find a cheaper program elsewhere, but hunter is probably a better program, if not merely because its in manhattan. i'd say its an easy decision - turn down hunter only for a better program, not a cheaper one.

i never got my phone call from hunter :( oh well - i guess there's still hope i'm on a wait list. but congrats to you all that did get in! i knew my interview went miserably so i can't say i'm surprised. luckily it went 100% better at yale, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

I am having the hardest time with this one! I am falling in love with every place that i visit (i think i am reverting back into a 16 year old during this process) and i can't make a decision. Hunter's lack of any funding could be problematic for me (i know its cheap, but NY isn't), but it is a hard one to even think of turning down...

Syracuse - Accepted

Washington University, St. Louis - accepted, 11K scholarship

UC Berkeley - Rejected

UCSD - Rejected

USC - Rejected

can you tell us why you didn't like irvine? i considered applying there but never did- they have a great faculty..