University of Washington

Congratulations to those who have been admitted.

My status hasn't changed, and I have to admit my frustration with this limbo they've put the rest of us in, as many applicants have already been both rejected and accepted. Hopefully they'll send the rest of the official notifications soon.

Didn't mean to get anyone's hopes down... let us not forget how notoriously weird UW is about notifying. I remember two years ago during my first round of PhD applications, I was rejected from UW in Feb, but my friend didn't get her acceptance until the third week of March!

Chins up and march on, oh scholar-soldiers!

UW has an MA/Ph.D. program, so if you were accepted and don't have an MA, you do that first and then can continue on for the Ph.D. As for funding, especially at the MA level, no, funding isn't great. Many offers will be no funding year 1 and then funding starting year 2. . .at least that's how it was last year. Good luck to everyone!

I have been checking my status since someone first mentioned finding out they were accepted on the website, and always just saw "Status: Submitted." It wasn't until today that I realized that I needed to click on "Status" under "Action" to find out about my offer. I feel dumb for not figuring that out earlier, but I thought I would share my experience in case others who are waiting missed that too.

I have been checking my status since someone first mentioned finding out they were accepted on the website, and always just saw "Status: Submitted." It wasn't until today that I realized that I needed to click on "Status" under "Action" to find out about my offer. I feel dumb for not figuring that out earlier, but I thought I would share my experience in case others who are waiting missed that too.

Thanks, eriksmegs - I didn't see that until you pointed it out. Still no decision once I clicked on it, and I am rather worried because the page that comes up lists all my application materials (other than test scores and the online app) as "Not Received". This makes no sense, as I sent everything in months ago, so I am wondering if anyone else has the same problem - is it a glitch, or did they really never get my things.... :(

Thanks, eriksmegs - I didn't see that until you pointed it out. Still no decision once I clicked on it, and I am rather worried because the page that comes up lists all my application materials (other than test scores and the online app) as "Not Received". This makes no sense, as I sent everything in months ago, so I am wondering if anyone else has the same problem - is it a glitch, or did they really never get my things.... :(

I wouldn't worry too much about this. I'm in the same boat as you – most of my app. materials are listed as "Not Received." I emailed the dept. a few weeks back and they said that they had all my materials on file. They probably just haven't updated your online information.

I tend to fall into the "no news is good news" camp, especially for Washington. Last year they strung out their decisions throughout March. Good luck to all!

I wouldn't worry too much about this. I'm in the same boat as you – most of my app. materials are listed as "Not Received." I emailed the dept. a few weeks back and they said that they had all my materials on file. They probably just haven't updated your online information.

I tend to fall into the "no news is good news" camp, especially for Washington. Last year they strung out their decisions throughout March. Good luck to all!

Thanks! good to know! I just sent them an email asking about it, and also asking when to expect a decision...

My app. materials are also marked as "Not Received," so I wouldn't worry much about that either.

I wrote a status inquiry email last week and got a response yesterday. I did not ask about the "did not receive" notations on the website, but they told me they had all my info anyway. Then they told me they would have a decision for me within THREE WEEKS. As in, one week before the decision deadline?? Washington was one of my first choices from the start, but they just seem like a hot mess.

Edited by rainy_day

I wrote a status inquiry email last week and got a response yesterday. I did not ask about the "did not receive" notations on the website, but they told me they had all my info anyway. Then they told me they would have a decision for me within THREE WEEKS. As in, one week before the decision deadline?? Washington was one of my first choices from the start, but they just seem like a hot mess.

I'm with you on this. Washington is one of two schools left I'm waiting to hear from that I'd be thrilled to go to. Its frustrating to see them trickle out responses at such a slow rate---especially as we get closer to April. The way they seem to conduct their entire application and admissions process seems inefficient at best, so I'm hoping that isn't a sign of how their department runs in general (as threads from previous years have made their department sound incredibly personable and invested in their students). Maybe I'm just getting crankier with each day that passes, but I'm ready to know what my options are so I can make an informed decision about what my life might look like this fall.

FYI, I called today to ask about my application status, as it hasn't changed on the website. I was told my application hasn't been decided on yet, and that the first round of acceptances and a lot of rejections have been sent already (which I gathered from the results board). It sounds like those who haven't heard yet are still in the running, depending on how many from their first round accept their offers.

I was also told I should have a decision within a week or two. So, it seems like no news is at least "they're still considering us" news and not definitively bad news (for now). Sorry if that sentence didn't make sense. It's been a long day.

Have any of the people with online offers actually heard from the university? This wait for funding info is killing me.

I found my online offer on Monday, and then received an e-mail from the Director of Graduate Studies on Tuesday.