Anyone get an offer from WVU? I finally heard--my first acceptance!! :) I feel like a heavy burden has been lifted off of me now. Got a fairly sweet financial package too. I'm going into the weekend on Cloud 9. Not to mention it'll be an easy transition for me to move there since I know a lot of folks in Morgantown.

Congratulations! That first acceptance is everything; suddenly, you have an option besides quitting or trying again next year, and it's wonderful. I'm finishing my undergrad at WVU this semester. Since you already know people here, you might not have too many questions, but I'll try to answer anything I can.

Edited by Lyrus

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your acceptance! I was just accepted to WVU's MFA in creative writing program. Really exciting!

I don't know anyone in the area at all. Does anyone have any good advice regarding where to try and find an apartment? I'll be moving there with my fiance, and we really only need a one-bedroom apartment. The only issue is that we only have one vehicle, so we'll need to rely on public transportation and our feet. Also, we can't really afford to visit first. So, we're going to go off of what we find out through the internet, Google Earth, word of mouth, etc. Any type of information or advice would be much appreciated!

On 3/17/2012 at 5:27 PM, meestakrabz said:

Congratulations on your acceptance! I was just accepted to WVU's MFA in creative writing program. Really exciting!

I don't know anyone in the area at all. Does anyone have any good advice regarding where to try and find an apartment? I'll be moving there with my fiance, and we really only need a one-bedroom apartment. The only issue is that we only have one vehicle, so we'll need to rely on public transportation and our feet. Also, we can't really afford to visit first. So, we're going to go off of what we find out through the internet, Google Earth, word of mouth, etc. Any type of information or advice would be much appreciated!

Very cool! I decided to accept the offer, so I'm sure we'll be meeting one another in a few months! I know the area fairly well, having a lot of friends there. You might check out Copper Beech apartments. They are a little on the expensive side, but WVU gives a fairly generous stipend, and it'd be perfect for 2 people.

If you'd like to live within walking distance of the downtown campus (where your English courses will be), you might look in South Park, although finding openings might be more difficult. I'd recommend calling Perilli to see whether they have anything left that might suit you. I've found the neighbourhood much quieter than living on Fourth Street & Beechurst Ave (Beechurst is a major roadway for the city) or in Sunnyside (one of the better examples in that it is a real building and has all of its doors).

Edited by Lyrus

• 5 years later...

I'm going to bump this very old thread because I just got accepted into the MA in English program and, if there is already a thread, it is a bit redundant to make a new one. Has anyone else gotten offer from WVU on this forum? If so, would you like to chat about the program?

I recommend having a chat with the current graduate students there to see if the issue involving a faculty member who sexually assaulted grad students has been resolved. That may not be a university you want to commit to for a few years if the department is divided, as it is at Ohio University.

14 hours ago, TeaOverCoffee said:

I recommend having a chat with the current graduate students there to see if the issue involving a faculty member who sexually assaulted grad students has been resolved. That may not be a university you want to commit to for a few years if the department is divided, as it is at Ohio University.

I was not aware of this situation so I will definitely talk to people in the department! Thank you for bringing this to my attention.