Fall 2013 Applicants?

runaway

My blood pressure is rising like crazy with every spam email I get, but I'm not hopeful there's anything coming this afternoon, considering there were two admits to UChicago here within minutes.

Probably someone just getting to their email and/or just getting around to posting on gradcafe. There are always stragglers. Oh well. Another good fit that wanted nothing to do with me.

Edited by czesc

Tell me about it. I'm mainly not devastated yet because I've assumed I'd bomb out since I got my first reject.

This is where I'm at... I got into one school so far (the same school where I got my MA), but everything else has been a flop... I'm thinking what is plan B, as it seems my current school might not be an option. 

Coming to this site is a sheer act of masochism for me at this point.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light!

(Okay, yeah, I'm being needlessly pessimistic.  I have seven good prospects pending, and two of those have expressed strong interest.  But I wish I could receive an official acceptance and be able to breathe a sigh of relief!)

Curious about the Penn interview that was posted. I guess they're continuing to do interviews? They did a big round of Skype interviews a little over a week ago.

I was called today to set up the interview. I was surprised to receive it since I figured they were done with all that. A few pages back someone (NewEnglandNat maybe?) said they did multiple rounds and I guess that's true.

I was called today to set up the interview. I was surprised to receive it since I figured they were done with all that. A few pages back someone (NewEnglandNat maybe?) said they did multiple rounds and I guess that's true.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Also, just got the form rejection from Princeton. Oh, well - carry on!

Thanks, all. Amazing how much new life this consolation prize breathes into me.

Part of me wonders why they even bother with the list, though, considering New England Nat's comments about how no one ever gets in off of it?