I hope you can help me

gexinhmily

I am a Ph. D applicant for ECE. One choice is U of Toronto. The professor here is busy and is relatively cold to me in our correspondence. Another choice is UBC. The professor is so nice but he is not supervise students in person while it is relatively easier for me to get graduation. I cannot give up U of Toronto because of its perfect academic atmosphere and high reputation. But as a girl, should I choose a more easier life?

I'm not exactly sure of what you are asking here. You can't or won't give up UT b/c of perfect academic atm and its reputation. Well, it's obvious to me that UT is not perfect considering you have not established a 'warm' relationship with your POI. You are going to be spending many years with this POI, and if you don't find the right fit, you'll head down a very difficult path to your degree.

I am disappointed that as a woman, you would even make it publicly known that you contemplate taking an easier path/school because of your gender. What does gender have to do with your field of study? You are either competent at what you do or you are not. Gender is a non-issue here.

I am disappointed that as a woman, you would even make it publicly known that you contemplate taking an easier path/school because of your gender. What does gender have to do with your field of study? You are either competent at what you do or you are not. Gender is a non-issue here.

Agreed on this point. Well, actually on all of it, but especially this point.

A good relationship is of upmost importance, more than prestige. I have the same situation, and I am definitely picking relationship over prestige.