Master of Teaching - OISE/UT

Red Bull89

No. I haven't heard anything. But I only completed my application on Friday (It was difficult for my prof to write a reference letter any earlier). Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

Well, I was supposed to have a skype interview on Friday and it never happened. They had technical difficulties and then when they got it sorted out, skipped over a bunch of people at the beginning so that the rest of the interviews would be on schedule. I was one of the unlucky ones to get skipped, and since they gave me no information about it whatsoever, I wasted the bulk of my day (that I had to take off work for apparently no reason) waiting around on skype until I finally got an email from them saying we would need to reschedule. Completely unimpressed, but fine. We rescheduled for today at 2 and around 2:30, I finally got a call. It went well, nothing too unexpected, just questions about your experiences and why you applied. Good luck!

Well, I was supposed to have a skype interview on Friday and it never happened. They had technical difficulties and then when they got it sorted out, skipped over a bunch of people at the beginning so that the rest of the interviews would be on schedule. I was one of the unlucky ones to get skipped, and since they gave me no information about it whatsoever, I wasted the bulk of my day (that I had to take off work for apparently no reason) waiting around on skype until I finally got an email from them saying we would need to reschedule. Completely unimpressed, but fine. We rescheduled for today at 2 and around 2:30, I finally got a call. It went well, nothing too unexpected, just questions about your experiences and why you applied. Good luck!

That's so frustrating! Glad it went well. Thanks so much for letting me know. Good luck!

Well, I just wanted to share that I got in! I got accepted for Junior/Intermediate :) Still in the process of deciding whether I want to accept the offer or not, because the BEd program I would be in otherwise is for I/S so it's hard to compare the two. But still really happy to have gotten in and good luck to anyone still waiting to hear!

Well, I just wanted to share that I got in! I got accepted for Junior/Intermediate :) Still in the process of deciding whether I want to accept the offer or not, because the BEd program I would be in otherwise is for I/S so it's hard to compare the two. But still really happy to have gotten in and good luck to anyone still waiting to hear!

Congratulations! That is a hard decision.

I have an interview for P/J on Monday!

Thanks. Hopefully I will hear back soon.

Have you made a decision yet?

It took about a week and a half for me to hear back, so hopefully you'll hear soon! I did make my decision and will be doing the Masters for J/I in the fall! Can't wait :)

It took about a week and a half for me to hear back, so hopefully you'll hear soon! I did make my decision and will be doing the Masters for J/I in the fall! Can't wait :)

I just got accepted to Primary/Junior! I am so happy. See you in September! :)

• 1 month later...

Build your knowledge of teaching and learning by immersing yourself in a minimum of 60 days of teaching practice throughout the course in urban, rural, remote or international settings and schools. This includes opportunities to gain first hand teaching experience in locations such as the Cook Islands, Malaysia, Italy and South Africa.-----------------------------------------------------------

MAGNETIC SCIENCE FUN

• 3 months later...

Anyone looking to apply for Fall2015? I'm waiting for them to finish updating their website.. Starting Fall2015, it's going to be very competitive but I will apply anyway.

UT is my first choice, UOttawa as back up. Applying to 2 more schools in US-- Indiana University (my alma mater) and Columbia U-TC.

J/I, Music Instrumental.

Would love to apply for I/S, teaching music/history, but I studied in US and I don't have Canadian history credits

Credentials: Indiana University, Bachelor of Music, GPA 3.84/4, History minor

Temple University in Philadelphia, Master of Music, GPA 3.89/4, With TA position teaching 1st and 2nd year music undergraduate majors

Voluntary teacher at Salvation Army Philadelphia

A ton of camp experience

Hopefully they would consider me even though I studied in US.. I'm Canadian too.

• 3 weeks later...

Yup I'm applying for Fall 2015 too. Apparently they have taken out the interview process all together this year, because they are expecting a large # of applicants.

Oh really, didn't know they abolished interviews all together. Yeah it's going to be really tough, but if you're able to get in, you're all set after graduation, in my opinion.

• 3 months later...

I've also applied for Fall 2015! Trying to be patient with waiting to hear. Did either of you apply to any other teacher education programs? 

Yup, U Ottawa and McGill..... However it looks like I'll be attending Indiana University (my undergrad institution).... Indiana is offering me full scholarships+living expenses covered--which is unheard of in any Canadian teacher education program. Also applied to University of Pennsylvania (accepted but too expensive) and Columbia University.. 

I'll see what the UT's offer is. I may still attend UT.. Because I want to go back to Ontario and UT is the best program in Ontario, no question. I need more research in bringing US credentials to Canada if it's worth attending Indiana University with full funding

Edited by Counterpointer

• 2 weeks later...

I've also applied for Fall 2015! Trying to be patient with waiting to hear. Did either of you apply to any other teacher education programs?

I know, the waiting game is just brutal! We should hear back in mid to late March.

I've also applied to the M.Ed program at OISE.

Yup, U Ottawa and McGill..... However it looks like I'll be attending Indiana University (my undergrad institution).... Indiana is offering me full scholarships+living expenses covered--which is unheard of in any Canadian teacher education program. Also applied to University of Pennsylvania (accepted but too expensive) and Columbia University..

I'll see what the UT's offer is. I may still attend UT.. Because I want to go back to Ontario and UT is the best program in Ontario, no question. I need more research in bringing US credentials to Canada if it's worth attending Indiana University with full funding

Full scholarship and living expenses? Impressive! But your concerns on bringing US credentials to Canada is valid. All the best to you in decision making. Edited by thisthat

I know, the waiting game is just brutal! We should hear back in mid to late March.

I've also applied to the M.Ed program at OISE.

According to OISE website:

Applicants who submit complete applications by the December 1 main deadline should receive notification of results early April. Offers of admission are normally mailed starting end of March. Applicants who submit complete applications after December 1 should receive notification of results within three to six weeks of application submission, but no sooner than early April. 

So I wouldn't expect any results until at least late march

Just to update you both, I received an email updating me on my status. I have been recommended to be admitted to the MT program. It's not an official offer of admission, but they will mail out offers in late March. 

Just to update you both, I received an email updating me on my status. I have been recommended to be admitted to the MT program. It's not an official offer of admission, but they will mail out offers in late March. [/quote

Hi,

I got the same email and have confirmed that I will be attending the meet and greet.

All the best!

Edited by thisthat

That's awesome! I won't be at the Meet & Greet as I am currently out of the province, but I wish I could. If you could let me know how it goes, I would be very grateful. :) 

I also got this email! do you think it means anything?
I took it as .. we have been recommended by the people reviewing the applications but the registrars office can change their mind while sending out acceptance packages? So kind of like conditional acceptance? 

I also got this email! do you think it means anything?

I took it as .. we have been recommended by the people reviewing the applications but the registrars office can change their mind while sending out acceptance packages? So kind of like conditional acceptance? 

I would email them to clarify if you want. 

Dang. Did not get an email from them... Can I ask you guys' concentration and subject? Maybe only few concentrations/subjects got the email? 

I thought I had a good shot--Finishing up my masters degree already with TAship, summer camps and volunteering.. bah.