Master of Teaching - OISE/UT

Red Bull89

Dang. Did not get an email from them... Can I ask you guys' concentration and subject? Maybe only few concentrations/subjects got the email?

I thought I had a good shot--Finishing up my masters degree already with TAship, summer camps and volunteering.. bah.

The email didn't specify the concentration but I applied for Intermediate/Senior.

Dang. Did not get an email from them... Can I ask you guys' concentration and subject? Maybe only few concentrations/subjects got the email?

I thought I had a good shot--Finishing up my masters degree already with TAship, summer camps and volunteering.. bah.

I applied for P/J and J/I. Edited by thisthat

I also got this email! do you think it means anything?

I took it as .. we have been recommended by the people reviewing the applications but the registrars office can change their mind while sending out acceptance packages? So kind of like conditional acceptance?

I spoke with the registrars office and they said the email is a strong indication that in the coming weeks you will receive a letter of acceptance for the program.

Edited by thisthat

The email didn't specify the concentration but I applied for Intermediate/Senior.

I applied for P/J and J/I.

Thanks guys. Losing a bit of hopes..bah. If I end up attending BEd program at Ottawa, I would hate to be competing against OISE-MT graduates in the job market..

did you guys apply for the MA CSE as well? I had an interview with them early feb but have not heard back from them.  

Yes, I applied for MT and MA CSE as well. Got that MT email mentioned earlier.  Had an interview in early feb for MA CSE, haven't heard anything yet, and was wondering the same thing.

Thanks guys. Losing a bit of hopes..bah. If I end up attending BEd program at Ottawa, I would hate to be competing against OISE-MT graduates in the job market..

Hey I wouldn't lose hope if I were you, it could be that they are not sending that Meet and Greet email to applicants that are outside of Canada. I remember someone pointing that out somewhere on this thread.

Hey! I live out of the country, and received the emailed stating I was recommended for admission. I also emailed the school regarding clarification. And the emails means that the department has approved the acceptance and that the application just needs to be reviewed by the graduate school admission requirements before an official package can be sent out. Only those approved by the department were invited to the Meet and Greet event. 

Hey! I live out of the country, and received the emailed stating I was recommended for admission. I also emailed the school regarding clarification. And the emails means that the department has approved the acceptance and that the application just needs to be reviewed by the graduate school admission requirements before an official package can be sent out. Only those approved by the department were invited to the Meet and Greet event. 

Thanks. hope I could be at least on the waiting list... People probably won't turn down OISE, but maybe many admits applied to multiple programs and they have to choose only one program from multiple programs they have been admitted to. Any MT Music admits here? 

Edited by Counterpointer

I applied to 2 separate programs for OISE. I was accepted to MA CSE via phone last Monday, then the MT on Tuesday and was waitlisted for a 3rd program not related to teaching the Wednesday. I found out I was waitlisted just by emailing the program liaison who updated me on my application status.

My concentration is French as a Second Language, and I applied to P/J, J/I for MT.

Edited by kkeb

I applied to 2 separate programs for OISE. I was accepted to MA CSE via phone last Monday, then the MT on Tuesday and was waitlisted for a 3rd program not related to teaching the Wednesday. I found out I was waitlisted just by emailing the program liaison who updated me on my application status.

My concentration is French as a Second Language, and I applied to P/J, J/I for MT.

Just curious, which stream were you accepted to in MA CSE? Research intensive or practice based? I also applied to this program and am waiting to hear back.

interesting... Some people reported that they got MT admit emails on Monday, not Tuesday. Maybe there will be more admit emails this week? 

I contacted the liaison for MA CSE and she said i wasn't accepted. However I received an unoffical acceptance from MT 

Did you have an interview in February? 

For all those that were previous uoft students, you can check rosi to see if you were invited.

Even new students can log into ROSI.. gotta log into SGS to find student number and use that on ROSI.. Nothing on my ROSI though.. Guess I'm rejected/wait-listed : / 

For all those that were previous uoft students, you can check rosi to see if you were invited.

Where would I find that on ROSI? Are you a current U of T student/did you graduate from U of T? 

Edited by kval

Never mind! It showed up this morning.  

Even new students can log into ROSI.. gotta log into SGS to find student number and use that on ROSI.. Nothing on my ROSI though.. Guess I'm rejected/wait-listed : / 

Perhaps you could email them to ask for an update on your status? 

Edited by kval

Never mind! It showed up this morning.  

Perhaps you could email them to ask for an update on your status? 

did already 2 days ago.. no answer yet hmmm.. are they usually good about replying back?

did already 2 days ago.. no answer yet hmmm.. are they usually good about replying back?

It took them about three days to reply to my emails. 

i just logged into ROSI and it says that my status is "invited"... does anyone else have that status? does it mean i will have an acceptance package in the mail? 

I got an email last week also, it said that I was recommended to the Primary/Junior MT Program.

Thanks!

I logged onto ROSI (not a current student) and it says that I am registered/enrolled in all of my programs applied for. I emailed the school and they said it meant I have been accepted just haven't received my package.

Edited by kkeb

I logged onto ROSI (not a current student) and it says that I am registered/enrolled in all of my programs applied for. I emailed the school and they said it meant I have been accepted just haven't received me package.

Yeah, my status doesn't say invited, it says I'm registered/enrolled. This is good to know! Thanks kkeb. 

Just curious, which stream were you accepted to in MA CSE? Research intensive or practice based? I also applied to this program and am waiting to hear back.

i was accepted to practice based