Materials Science, anyone?

Guest puppa

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Danny. I am sorry to hear that but let's hope for more good news next week. I'm sure there will be some acceptance coming your way! Where else did you apply to?

puppa said:
Is there anyone in this forum who applied to materials science departments? Let's talk and share our news! :D[/q

look forward to hear from M.I.T

I applied to WashU, NWU cornell Michigan and MIT, i have already got an offer from U Minnesota. but i want MIT the most. any way good luck with you.

me too. waiting part sucks. i am so crazy checking my email every day. like ten times at least. i think we will receive more responses for the coming two weeks. i called all the schools i am applying, they all said that i should call them again in like two weeks, if i havenot receive anything. any way. good luck to u all. remeber to report your updated information:)

Received MIT acceptance packet in the mail over a week ago for MSE. Accepted to Stanford MSE with an email... still haven't received official packet in the mail.

Received MIT acceptance packet in the mail over a week ago for MSE. Accepted to Stanford MSE with an email... still haven't received official packet in the mail.

wow that's awesome. congratulations! I was under the impression that mit is still making decisions. Do you mind sharing your profile with us?

Did you guys get any application confirmation from northwestern? I haven't heard back from them since I applied and was wondering if my application is complete or not.

wow, fancy. congrats. i called them like a few days ago. i mean mit. they said they are reviewing files in a certain order. so they havenot finished making all the decisions. hope is till there, small though. and northwestern. u have to call. i called them, they said they have already made lots of their decisons. they never send confirmation letters. for the guy who got mit acceptance, could u pls share with us your background in terms of gpa, gre stuff. thanks

I am the one who got into MIT, WashU, Stanford and Harvard. Have a 4.0 undergrad Physics, research since my first semester freshman year. No publications. Goldwater scholarship. Know my professors well. Hertz finalist. Applied for NSF (I think they like to see you are going for outside money). Went to a state college for Undergrad.