PhD Study in Australia

baer

Hi,

I didn't find enough information about the universities in Australia. This year I applied to two australian universities (University of Western Australia and UNSW@ADFA). For UWA you can find some information (ranking and its education quality in web). However, I didn't find anything about ADFA campus of UNSW. In addition, I need information about the cities where these universities was founded (especially which one is more suitable for an overseas graduate student regarding living expenditures, accommodation, public transportation, etc).

Thanks for your help.

Where are you from originally? I know two classmates (from an american university) who went to school in australia found it very difficult to afford living there. Definitely consider currency exchange rate and financial aid because it can cost much more than attending a university elsewhere.

I got some info about both of these universities. They both have pros and cons. I am not an ivy league student and also only prof.'s in these universities supported my application. If I don't get full scholarship (I know it is very rare in australia) it is impossible for me to move and study in this continent.However, I crossed my fingers for an offer including full scholarship from UWA.

Edited by baer

• 3 years later...

I got some info about both of these universities. They both have pros and cons. I am not an ivy league student and also only prof.'s in these universities supported my application. If I don't get full scholarship (I know it is very rare in australia) it is impossible for me to move and study in this continent.However, I crossed my fingers for an offer including full scholarship from UWA.

Are u sure that scholarships are rare in Aus? I don't think so, because it seems that their government really support education!