Anyone hear back about funding from GSPIA?

I also am waiting to hear about fin-aid. I've sent 3 separate emails (1 before admissions results, 2 after) asking about funding, and not gotten a reply for any of them.

Urgh, first all this waiting for the decisions, and then for money! Out of curiosity...If you got funding at GSPIA, would you consider going there over Elliot or SAIS?

I have a good friend who is a current student at GSPIA. She initially heard about a funding offer that was, I believe, equivalent to a half-ride in late April... like right around decision making time. Then she heard about it being bumped to a full-ride in June. So if we are going to base the system off of her experience, unfortunately their notification timeline isn't that great.

I have a good friend who is a current student at GSPIA. She initially heard about a funding offer that was, I believe, equivalent to a half-ride in late April... like right around decision making time. Then she heard about it being bumped to a full-ride in June. So if we are going to base the system off of her experience, unfortunately their notification timeline isn't that great.

Thanks for the information! Maybe I'll email them about it if I don't hear soon.

Have you guys been getting the emails with info on applying for assistantships/scholarships? I think I've gotten two so far for two different opportunities. Sort of annoying that they require additional materials...does anyone know if they do regular merit aid also, or assistantships that you don't have to apply separately for?

And if the above mentioned poster is right about not knowing until after April 15 about funding I won't be able to wait that long...and will have to accept elsewhere.

Edited by readyornot

Have you guys been getting the emails with info on applying for assistantships/scholarships? I think I've gotten two so far for two different opportunities. Sort of annoying that they require additional materials...does anyone know if they do regular merit aid also, or assistantships that you don't have to apply separately for?

And if the above mentioned poster is right about not knowing until after April 15 about funding I won't be able to wait that long...and will have to accept elsewhere.

I haven't been getting those :( What program were you admitted to?

Additional note about merit aid, that may/may not affect you guys -- I went to an info session while I was in Pitt in November and they said point blank that they only give merit aid to individuals with a 3.5 undergrad GPA or higher. Sadly, I had a shitty semester in my first year and then graduated early so I don't have that. I found this interesting/annoying considering they aren't a highly ranked program.

Yeah, I've been getting them as well. I find it quite poor form that they inform you about funding so late.

Yeah, I've been getting them as well. I find it quite poor form that they inform you about funding so late.

I haven't gotten any of those. I'm an international student, so that may be why? Unless you guys are also international students. What program did you apply to?

Also, just curious, would you consider a full-ride at GSPIA over Elliot?

No. For what I want to study, Elliott is just a flat-out better school. It's also way more marketable, with the DC + alumni network factors. I have a full-ride there, so even in some dream scenario where GSPIA fully funded me, I wouldn't go.

No. For what I want to study, Elliott is just a flat-out better school. It's also way more marketable, with the DC + alumni network factors. I have a full-ride there, so even in some dream scenario where GSPIA fully funded me, I wouldn't go.

Hi Myrnist,

I've been accepted as well at GW IDS ($20k) and Fletcher MALD ($20k/year!) but somewhat feel myself leaning towards GWU due to location + alumni network as you put it, even though it's 3 ranks below Fletcher. Also the GWU IDS has a practicum capstone 2nd year project for a consulting company while the MALD just needs you to write your 70 + thesis on the 2nd year. But still, frankly, the more I analyze these 2 offerings, the more I get dizzy. Such a hard choice !!!

So my question to you is: would you also consider your full ride at GWU over Fletcher or are you in the same dilemna I'm in ? Just curious.