Hearing from the Kennedy School?

wabbitt09

COngratulations! Hopefully this is a good omen for the entire Grad Cafe family! Looks like MPA-ID had the exact same notification schedule as MPP last year. Does this mean today is the day for all of us?

Combine this news with March Madnes - there will no longer be any productivity from me for the rest of the day.

applikant - that is incredible news! I love the MPA-ID program, but feared I didn't have the math preparation (linear algebra, etc.) to be accepted, so I applied for the MPP.

I'm doubtful that MPP decisions will be released today. The Crimson article that has been discussed on these forums specifically mentioned a 34% increase in MPP applications, but not MPA-ID applications. I'm sure MPA-ID experienced an increase, but not as big as MPP. If some of us do hear news later today, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Combine this news with March Madnes - there will no longer be any productivity from me for the rest of the day.

Tell me about it - I've got two screens on my computer, and between espn.com and my inbox, I STILL don't have enough pixels for real work.

Dude, when Cal State Northridge almost upset Memphis this morning, I went the longest time ever (at work) where I didn't check Grad Cafe or my email.

Tell me about it - I've got two screens on my computer, and between espn.com and my inbox, I STILL don't have enough pixels for real work.

It's so weird to have March Madness fever when your alma mater is an Ivy, much less two years in a row, especially when your school is neither Penn nor Princeton (the perennial Ivy champs). For an Ivy alum, winning the first round would be a HUGE victory. Go Big Red! Down Missouri!

Cornell: an Ivy brain and a Big 10 heart.

Going to a public school in L.A., a community college, and a Cal State! I just want a chance to demonstrate my worth and contribute to the dialogue of national security issues.

Sroek,

Never underestimate the quality of your public education. I've been in California public schools my entire life (and graduated from a Cal State as well). I think there's something in people like us that drives us to fight and work just a little bit harder than some people that may have been at large, branded, private institutions. That public education and drive got me a policy job in the White House, and a private sector position that has taken me into the board rooms of some of the world's most powerful corporations.

I've applied to Harvard as well, and have been accepted at some other private schools. It's going to really be a change of pace, and I often wonder if I'll fit in at an institution like Harvard. I'm curious if you've been wondering the same.

It's so weird to have March Madness fever when your alma mater is an Ivy, much less two years in a row, especially when your school is neither Penn nor Princeton (the perennial Ivy champs). For an Ivy alum, winning the first round would be a HUGE victory. Go Big Red! Down Missouri!

Cornell: an Ivy brain and a Big 10 heart.

okay, so my username is March Madness-inspired. MizZou-Rah indeed. Big Red doesn't have a chance.

(hey, this is a lot more fun than freaking out about admissions emails!)

okay, so my username is March Madness-inspired. MizZou-Rah indeed. Big Red doesn't have a chance.

(hey, this is a lot more fun than freaking out about admissions emails!)

Pssssssh. At least we know what two KSG applicants can do to keep their minds off of decisions tomorrow. :roll:

Yes, I wonder about the change of pace and lifestyle, but I know it'll be better than growing up on the streets dodging bullets and being harassed by corrupted L.A. cops from the 80's and 90's. About L.A. public schools, I remember being in 10th grade doing a spelling bee contest instead of learning real words that would be found in the SAT, telling the undercover narcotics officer behind me to stop asking me where to get drugs because I knew she was a narc, and carrying weapons to school because you never knew when the payback was going to get you. I'm not worried about adjusting, I'm just worried about not getting in :)

Hey guys,

I've been a quiet follower of the forum for a couple weeks now. I also just received my admissions email to the MPA/ID program. I'm a dual degree with an MBA (although not from HBS), and i'm from the USA.

Hope that there is more good news for fellow MPA/ID folks today!

Yep, congrats to the MPA-ID'ers.

Here's a thought - one admit to the MPA/ID program posted on the results board "Admissions packet will be mailed to you in late March, and should arrive at most locations by April first." Maybe that's the timeline the admissions office has been referring to (last week of March/early April), and our MPP decisions come tomorrow?

Congrats to all the MPA-ID acceptees! I hope my friend Alex is among you! I guess no MPP decisions today, but I have a feeling it could be tomorrow. It just seems a little much to wait until after their break (which is next week). Fingers crossed!

I know many of you missed the virtual eight ball, which has provided guidance for and comfort to many of us. (Okay, just me.) I have asked it if MPP people will hear from HKS tomorrow. According to the eight ball:

"My sources say no way."

Please keep in mind that virtual eight ball has had a 75 percent success rate this season. :lol:

I know many of you missed the virtual eight ball, which has provided guidance for and comfort to many of us. (Okay, just me.) I have asked it if MPP people will hear from HKS tomorrow. According to the eight ball:

"My sources say no way."

Please keep in mind that virtual eight ball has had a 75 percent success rate this season. :lol:

Ugh that eight ball again. Well it was on the money about that hot date I had, but it still sucks :roll: