Hearing from the Kennedy School?

wabbitt09

Weird factoid from a friend of mine, for those of you who are painfully watching the clock.

Apparently MIT will be sending out its undergrad decisions tomorrow at 1:59. Think about that for minute and then say to yourself, "Oh, MIT! That again?" :roll:

I'm about to strangle my "source", that's all I can say!

Good thing I slept like a baby last night regardless, and forced myself to check email in a leisurely fashion this morning.

Sorry guys for my contribution to the Mar 13 misinformation mayhem.

I like the new theory being tossed around but know better than to "validate" it with the quack I know in HKS :)

Oi, dagger. I just want the waiting to be over. I want to be able to focus on my daily activities without thinking about ways that I can check email every 30 minutes. :lol:

I feel you so badly. I cannot wait for the day when I've made my decision and can start looking for housing and a job for the SO.

Guys... I called up the admissions office on Friday! The officer told me that it might be the last week of march when we start hearing from KSG on the status.

collective groan. ditto to dagger about wanting to figure out where you will live, little things like that. :wink:

Guys... I called up the admissions office on Friday! The officer told me that it might be the last week of march when we start hearing from KSG on the status.

I wonder how the are phrasing these things when people call... When I called a days weeks ago, they said we would hear by April 15.

It is very difficult to deduce what they mean when they say "the end of March" because other schools have said similar things and then issued their decisions several weeks earlier. My money would still be on next week for acceptances because they know people need at least a few weeks to figure things out.

AUGH!!! My "source" who told me about a supposed "phone-a-thon" this week was apparently misinformed. She has no idea when if it's happening this week or not. My guess is that decisions won't be out anytime soon. Since HKS has sent out their decisions on a Friday in the past, I'm assuming they'll send them out on a Friday again this year. Just got to focus on what's important and accept that HKS will send out decisions when they've been made.

Just reheard from a current MPP student at the Kennedy School. Apparently they've been told to get ready for an admitted student "phone-a-thon" on March 18, 19, and 20th. Looks like decisions will be sent out by March 18th afterall. Good luck!

Okay, here comes again my panicccccc :o

Based on:

a) KSG's commitment we'll hear by end of March

B) Harvard's upcoming March break (March 21 on)

c) Phd students hearing just prior to MPP/MPA students in past years/recent notifications on the results board from Phd applicants

d) The purported "phone-a-thon" scheduled this week

I think it's entirely reasonable to check my email every ten seconds from Monday morning until I hear.

Your plans?

As an MPP applicant, I am wondering if this phone-a -thon applies to me since the postings from past years indicate that MPP applicants found out via email.

Did those admits last year get decision emails before they received the calls?