Hearing from the Kennedy School?

wabbitt09

Sroek...

Thank you for your encouragement!!

but I feel like they will do acceptances first, as a number of people have heard...and then the rest rejections...

: (

I know I shouldn't even think about it but...I just want to know...

hopefully I will hear something before my break next week!!

good luck to everyone!

so i called this morning because i didn't feel like spending an entire day refreshing my mailbox. i asked about a timeline for decisions. his response was "end of march," to which I responded "after spring break?" He said "potentially, yes" whatever that means! i'm so sick of this.

so i called this morning because i didn't feel like spending an entire day refreshing my mailbox. i asked about a timeline for decisions. his response was "end of march," to which I responded "after spring break?" He said "potentially, yes" whatever that means! i'm so sick of this.

Ahh, why why and why'd they just not clarify things out??!!! It's Friday night where I am in now, I'm thinking about going out for Hold'em Poker games, not sure I'd hit refresh on my phone everytime the cards r dealt...Maybe I'd just stay home :x

I heard from an unreliable source that they are color-coding every individual decision and you have to figure out what the color means by way of solving a quiz on the history of Boston in French. It is the coloring of the emails (with colored pencils, clearly) that is causing the delay.

So applikant posted his MPA-ID decision at 2:48 Harvard time yesterday.

What's the over/under on when MPP applicants will hear? I'm going to be optimistic and say decisions will start rolling out today at 1:57. I have no reason for believing this, it's just a hunch. I also think that funding decisions won't be available until the last week in March.

Also, how many people from these boards will post an acceptance? I'm going to say 7. What do you think? over? under? Will any Cinderellas make it to the big dance?

What's the over/under on when MPP applicants will hear? I'm going to be optimistic and say decisions will start rolling out today at 1:57. I have no reason for believing this, it's just a hunch. I also think that funding decisions won't be available until the last week in March.

Also, how many people from these boards will post an acceptance? I'm going to say 7. What do you think? over? under? Will any Cinderellas make it to the big dance?

I've got to say I agree with the hunch. I'll take an over 1:57... 2:33 for my rejection notice - I feel it.

i'll take 8 posting acceptance with names + 4 unclaimed acceptances on the results board. i believe we could hear today, for no good reason. i also had an uninformed hunch that ucla would beat vcu last night, so maybe i'm on a roll. or maybe it's because i live with a bruin. :D

Despite the eight ball's claims, I'm with you, younglions and sisepuede.

I think we're going to hear today because Spring Break is next week, which means decisions won't go out until March 29, at the earliest, if they don't go out tonight because student workers won't be around next week to do data entry. Then, we won't hear about funding until the first few days of April, which means very few of us will be at the Open House. And, if they want to woo WWS admits (so that I can attend WWS), they should probably hold an Open House.

I say 3:48 p.m. EST. And, I am going with 16 admits, 4 wait lists, and 36 rejections.

I predict that we will not hear admissions until March 30/31. Sad to say...Yes I know.

I think 10 will get accepted, 20 rejections, and a few wait listed. And we or I will not hear until 4:50 p.m. (ET) on March 30.

As far as the cinderella teams go, I predict Arizona over Utah by 3 points in a last second shot to prevent overtime. :shock:

does anyone have any idea what average stats are for admission into harvard's mpp program? are stats all that important, or are they more holistic in their review process?

According to my notes, they require a minimum 700 Q score. That's all I could glean.

***Tip off in 17 minutes for the Cornell v. Missouri game*** I don't expect a win, but I do expect a good showing. Let's Go Red!

Is there a minimum GRE/GMAT score or GPA required to apply?

We do not require a minimum score for the GRE/GMAT examination or a minimum GPA.

ThIs is from the link. Where is the minimum score?

We do not require a minimum score for the GRE/GMAT examination or a minimum GPA.

That's my point. I am not sure why I made that note, but according to the HKS website, there are no minimum GRE/GPA scores.

I don't have any stats any where for you but this link might help.

http://www.hks.harvard.edu/degrees/admi ... s-profiles

I do remember reading a few years back, and they said some of the Kennedy students scores were in the 700 range (GMAT overal score). I found it on the Kennedy website back in 2005 I think. Not sure if they took it down. Not sure how to compare it with the GRE scores.

There is no min. GPA that you are asking about. If there where, I probably would not have applied.

I don't have any stats any where for you but this link might help.

http://www.hks.harvard.edu/degrees/admi ... s-profiles

I do remember reading a few years back, and they said some of the Kennedy students scores were in the 700 range (GMAT overal score). I found it on the Kennedy website back in 2005 I think. Not sure if they took it down. Not sure how to compare it with the GRE scores.

There is no min. GPA that you are asking about. If there where, I probably would not have applied.

The Princeton Review site says this:

"Admissions

Visiting And Contact Information

79 JFK Street

Belfer 110

MA 02138

Phone: 617 495-1155

Fax: 617 496-1165

Website

Average Ugrad GPA: 3.60

Average GRE Verbal: 626.00

Average GRE Quantitative: 714.00

Average GRE Analytical: 703.00

Average GRE Analytical Writing: 5.00"

It's out of date (it later lists application deadline as 01/07, this year it was 01/09) but it's there to chew on, given the lack of other news. You can access the site here: http://www.princetonreview.com/schools/ ... id=1032475 but you need a membership.

sure but the vast majority of people who apply have at least close to those numbers i would guess. they prob can only eliminate about 10% (if that) for weak numbers. it gets a little random from that point forward..... by the way, i have always wondered whether the verbal score even really matters to these schools. like, if you have a stellar verbal score is that even that much of a boost? seems the talk is always about quant.....

***Tip off in 17 minutes for the Cornell v. Missouri game*** I don't expect a win, but I do expect a good showing. Let's Go Red!

Your guys are really hanging in there (just watch out - after 30 minutes of hell, even Oklahoma has been known to fall apart completely... :) )

sure but the vast majority of people who apply have at least close to those numbers i would guess. they prob can only eliminate about 10% (if that) for weak numbers. it gets a little random from that point forward..... by the way, i have always wondered whether the verbal score even really matters to these schools. like, if you have a stellar verbal score is that even that much of a boost? seems the talk is always about quant.....

Yeah. I've always heard that the Quant score is definitely where the emphasis is, and that to be competitive, 700+ in the Quant secion is pretty much mandatory. On the other hand, a school told me it helps to give them a better picture about your quantitative skills, especially because a lot of applicants to some of these programs come from more liberal arts majors, and less from engineering, science, computer, or even business majors.

I had a quant-heavy major in college, so I was told that as long as I hit the magic (700+) number I'd be fine. It might come under more scrutiny if you didn't have much as far as quantitative coursework during your undergraduate degree.