NYU vs Columbia

sooperwoman

Hello everyone,

I am international student from India who has been accepted to Columbia (for print) and NYU (for Business and Economic Reporting). While the NYU course is more specific to what I want to do, it's hard to pass up on Columbia and the prestige and networks it comes with.

Could anyone with a clue help me out with this? I'm really confused right now. :(

I visited NYU today and I had just the warmest feeling. They seem really flexible with trying to give you the best and most individually rewarding experience as well as have amazing internship opportunities. If you are looking to work in New York, I would suggest NYU. Smaller classes, more attention, ect. (They work directly with the NYTs). But Columbia carries a name that is heard around the world. While I don't think their program prepares you as well as NYU's might, it may be worth it to have the name. You can take it anywhere.

Bottom line: They are both amazing schools. Congratulations!