NDSEG 2012 - Fundopolotoplotopus

andrealphus

I copied the following from my NDSEG offer email:

You have until Thursday April 26, 2012 to accept or decline the NDSEG Fellowship offer. In order to accept the offer, please login to your NDSEG Online Profile to accept or decline the fellowship. If you are unable to accept the fellowship, please provide a brief explanation in the comments section. Once you have accepted the fellowship, we will provide you with the necessary forms for acceptance.

I haven't been able to find a page that lets me submit my accept/decline decision. Where on http://ndseg.asee.org do I accept/decline the fellowship?

I copied the following from my NDSEG offer email:

I haven't been able to find a page that lets me submit my accept/decline decision. Where on http://ndseg.asee.org do I accept/decline the fellowship?

Go to http://ndseg.asee.org/award and log in with your email and password. You SHOULD DO IT QUICK, today is the DEADLINE.

Go to http://ndseg.asee.org/award and log in with your email and password. You SHOULD DO IT QUICK, today is the DEADLINE.

Thanks. I wanted to wait until the deadline (today) to formally accept, because it'd be easier to handle a situation where I get offered multiple fellowships. Now, if I get the DOE SCGF, I may consider "un-accepting" the NDSEG. (I don't know if I'd prefer NDSEG or SCGF.) I'll wait and see if I get the SCGF, but I think I could get into hot water for "undoing" my NDSEG acceptance if this happens.

Edited by zep

Not for me, though according to the results search someone heard at late as May.

Edited by slu

Whoever is in charge of their facebook page really enjoys the phrase "please be advised"

HAHA! I've been soooo tempted to post on their page something like "Clarification on status would be greatly appreciated by applicants. Please be advised."

HAHA! I've been soooo tempted to post on their page something like "Clarification on status would be greatly appreciated by applicants. Please be advised."

Haha that would be awesome. But then there's that annoying fraction of a sliver of a chance that it could affect chances for next year and whatnot.

It's a kind of weird idea to post their updates on a public forum where the 95% of applicants who are rejected are allowed to comment and vent. But please be advised that I may be nitpicking because I'm in a really sour mood about fellowships.

Tomorrow is the deadline to accept NSF! I wanted to know for sure I wouldn't get this fellowship before accepting the NSF :(

I just don't get it. Their yield rate couldn't possibly be bellow 50%, so they really shouldn't need to offer it out to more than 400 people. They could play it safe and offer 200 then have 300 people on the waitlist, but that would still let them reject 2500 other applicants.

Sorry for the rant...

Just got this in reply to my inquiry:

Dear ????????,

As previously indicated, all preliminary award notifications have been issued. However, the NDSEG Program Office is still distributing additional awards at this time.

This message is to confirm that all applicants will be notified of their final status in the 2012 NDSEG competition once all 200 slots have been filled. We expect all applicants to be notified by the end of this week.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

The NDSEG Program Team at ASEE

1818 N Street NW, Suite 600

Washington, DC 20036

Phone: (202) 649-3831

Fax: (202) 265-8504

Edited by plusilikefrogs

You're definitely right. I promise it was open when I posted, because I tried to log in a couple times. I guess they closed it again.

You were right. It opened but is now closed. They were updating I think.