Wake Forest

Penguin278

Maybe! I'm visiting in a few weeks to see if it's a good fit. As of right now it's my top choice, and I'd have to have an extremely terrible experience during my visit or a larger financial aid package from another school in order to change my mind.

I will be starting my English MA at Wake in the fall. I can't wait, it was my top choice by far. I'm already getting frustrated with the apartment search but I know it's probably far too early for that.

I feel the same thing with my housing search...when I was in undergrad all of the good places would get taken months in advance so I'm anxious to get things settled. I've looked into the Wake Forest Properties rentals and they look nice but I'm not sure how I feel about signing onto completely random roommates and I can't find any reviews by former or current tenants.

A lot of grads and undergrads live in the "Crowne" properties-Crowne Polo, Crowne Park, and there might be another one. Wake has several shuttles that go to these locations - look up "wake forest shuttle" and you can find them listed. The Wake Properties are generally a lot cheaper, though.

Not going to Wake, but I did undergrad there. Like SynthSounds said, a lot of people live in the Crowne places. They're pretty nice inside, close to campus, and most (if not all) are gated and have pool/fitness areas. Alaris is another one that's pretty close to campus and has campus shuttle service.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to go about looking for roommates? I'm going to email the English administrative assistant but I don't know if that is the correct person to go through.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm graduating from the same program in a couple weeks (MA Psychology)!

Did you happen to visit last week? I met someone who was a prospective student.

Anyone entering Wake...I may have a lead on housing (one of the current first years is looking for a couple roommates). I can put you in touch with him, if you'd like (true for anyone coming into wake, not just psych program).