Just a little craziness...

Emma2003

Okay, so i've been panicking, going back and forth between sure I'm in and sure I'm out....so, I went through the posts under art in the results search for all years available and summarized the biggest ammounts of info I found. I only did visual art, sorry! :(

Here is what I discovered....

CalArts- first week of March.

Cranbrook- late Feb. thru early March

Hunter college- March

Indiana- mid-March

MICA- late March early April

MassArt- First of March thru first of April

MCAD - mid-March thru late-march

Northwestern-March

Parsons- late March

Pratt- early March

SFAI- late Feb. thru mid-March

SAIC- decisions late March thru early April

SMFA- MidMarch

Temple- late Feb.thru mid-March

UCD- mid Feb.

UCLA- late Feb-mid-March

UIowa- late Feb.

UPenn- mid March

USC- March

UT Austin- late Feb.

VCU- late March

Yale- rejections begin in February and they just keep coming.... :D

So basically....BREATHE....It's early.

Okay, so i've been panicking, going back and forth between sure I'm in and sure I'm out....so, I went through the posts under art in the results search for all years available and summarized the biggest ammounts of info I found. I only did visual art, sorry! :(

Here is what I discovered....

[EDIT]

So basically....BREATHE....It's early.

It's NOT crazy, a little obsessive maybe, but not crazy! :P

I did the same thing. I went back to the previous years to see when people started hearing.

I also figured that in my case, SFAI was getting in touch with people for interviews in mid Feb and people started hearing a or r in early March.

I know someone else heard from SFAI (for painting) for an interview a week a go. I panicked that I haven't heard anything. I did the research and then I started rationalizing. I had a portfolio review with the dept chair, went to visit the school, went to an alumni get together where I talked to a few alumns and the head of school--so I am convincing myself THAT is why I'm not being called for an interview--they already interviewed me?

maybe.

anyway, thanks for the list. I'm sure it will help many people.

I would like the arts area on here to have some subfolders for this type of info to reside. How would that happen?

Hey Colin,

When I called to set up the interview, The person made it sound as if they are not interviewing all the applicants that they are considering. I think SFAI has skipped interviews altogether in years past.

Don't stress because if you haven't heard anything, it's probably a good thing.

I like the idea of sub-folders too. I'm not sure how it would happen. There's a lot of info to sift through and with new posts, sometimes things get lost, although I definitely have to say I haven't found anything half as good as this site for getting new information.

I think maybe a post on the comments board? That's my best guess.

I like the idea of sub-folders too. I'm not sure how it would happen. There's a lot of info to sift through and with new posts, sometimes things get lost, although I definitely have to say I haven't found anything half as good as this site for getting new information.

I think maybe a post on the comments board? That's my best guess.

Agreed. a lot of information to sift through. Which made me think that maybe this is a data management problem--this specific thing, sort through the results and finding out 1) when people heard re: interviews and 2) when people heard A / R (I originally typed A / A, see how positive I am?!) and 3) from where.

After we all get into the programs of our choice, we won't be concerned with that any longer, but the next batch of MFA-hopefuls will. Why should they have to re-invent the wheel?

Sub-folders would be nice to organize things in general. But who does that and what sub-folders? I don't know.

Sorry for being OT in this well intentioned thread. I am all for sharing helpful information in a concise, easy to read way!

Or make it a STICKY and keep it at the top of the list?