Laptop/Notebook Recommendations

Rabbitry

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a new laptop or notebook and want to know if anyone has a good recommendation. My needs are very low; it has to:

1) Have windows 7 (what would I do without it?)

2) Have the capacity to run Microsoft Word, Adobe programs, and internet research (mostly text articles, no heavy graphics)

3) Have a comfortable keyboard

4) Battery life is a plus but I plan on using this mostly in my office, which has a plug

5) Be very cheap

Does anyone have experience with a laptop that meets these specs?

Before I switched to a Mac, I had lots of success with Toshiba Satellites. You can get an inexpensive but durable Toshiba for around $400, and they have comfortable keyboards and can run Windows programs. The battery life was okay for a PC - 2-3 hours. I had a 13" screen. If you are going to be using it mostly in the office, I would either get a 15" or I would buy an external monitor.

I'm also going to second the IdeaPad - I had an IBM IdeaPad way back when before Lenovo bought them out - my first year in college, which was 2004 - and that mf'er is STILL RUNNING. My aunt has it. It's built like a brick, but the Lenovo version are much sleeker.