Anyone heard anything from UT-Austin?

octav1an

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, I was interview by a professor last week. At the end of the interview he said that they were right in the middle of the admission process and that I should expect to hear from them in a matter of weeks rather than months. So yeah, I wouldn't expect to hear anything for at least 1 more week (that's being optimistic there!). Let's just all hope for the best!

What are of comp sci are you applying to?

Good luck to everyone!

Not really, I was interview by a professor last week. At the end of the interview he said that they were right in the middle of the admission process and that I should expect to hear from them in a matter of weeks rather than months. So yeah, I wouldn't expect to hear anything for at least 1 more week (that's being optimistic there!). Let's just all hope for the best!

What are of comp sci are you applying to?

Good luck to everyone!

thanks for that info :D

I am in Computer Vision.

As an "insider", I had a talk with one of my professors. The info is that they received much more applications, and the quality of application pool is extremely strong this year. We were informed that the visit weekend would be on March 27, so I guess the decisions would be out in a couple of weeks.

Best of luck!

As an "insider", I had a talk with one of my professors. The info is that they received much more applications, and the quality of application pool is extremely strong this year. We were informed that the visit weekend would be on March 27, so I guess the decisions would be out in a couple of weeks.

Best of luck!

thanks for the insider scoop 8)

Best of luck!

Sweet! Thanks for the information! Do you know if there have been some kind of first round or anything? :) I am hoping for the best as they are my first choice!

Sweet! Thanks for the information! Do you know if there have been some kind of first round or anything? :) I am hoping for the best as they are my first choice!

AFAIK, there hasn't been any admits till now. I know they sent out a bunch of interview calls. I'll update you guys as and when I get any information.

The secretary once told me that decisions will be posted first on the UT direct website, and then the official letters will be spread around.

Ohhh nooo....... now I won't be able to do my own work all day Monday!

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 :D