Does anyone know about General Psychology Program of NYU

guoannie

I got accepted by General Psychology Program of NYU, does anyone know about this program? How's the tuition? How's the program? Will it be helpful for finding a job if I chose social and consumer behavior specialization?

Thank you !

when did you hear from them? Im still waiting. God im freaking out. I LOVE the program, but I guess you need a PhD to earn something in Psychology. And an MA i think is a good way to strengthen my application.

is high school teaching an option for you?

The tuition is bloody expensive (like $25k/yr?) and there is no financial aid, which made it a no for me. I had wanted the PhD program but didn't get in.

The tuition is way too expensive, so I decide to give up...

when did you hear from them? Im still waiting. God im freaking out. I LOVE the program, but I guess you need a PhD to earn something in Psychology. And an MA i think is a good way to strengthen my application.

is high school teaching an option for you?

No... I don't want to teach in high school... I am currently a senior student in a top 5 University in China, no work experience.

Ok so you applied for a PhD, and were offered a Masters instead.

why dont you try working as a research associate somewhere in china, and apply this fall for next year? See, research/work expereince has a lot to contribute esp in PhD. Give it a shot. And in most american unis, you get full funding in Phd programs

• 1 month later...

I got accepted by General Psychology Program of NYU, does anyone know about this program? How's the tuition? How's the program? Will it be helpful for finding a job if I chose social and consumer behavior specialization?

Thank you !

Benefits of NYU: Famous school with an extraordinary reputation. Not-so-good points: Doesn't offer financial aid to master's students, and is very expensive. Also, I get the impression that they have a very large incoming class, so you might not get the personalized experience that you would want from grad school.

Personally, I was accepted to the same program as you, but I turned it down because I was offered funding from other great schools. Because they don't help MA students out monetarily, it wasn't even able to be in the running for me. But it is one of the best, most well-known psychology programs in the country, and you will certainly get a good education if you can afford it.