Waiting for decisions AND writing a thesis

scintille

Couldn't tell you. But now that I've pretty much accepted the fact that, barring any last minute miracles, I won't be getting any offers, my productivity has skyrocketed, believe it or not. Failing and being forced to move on it very freeing.

Agreed. There is some sense of freedom in trying, failing, and having the blank slate to fill again as you move on to new opportunities. It is great to have many irons in the fire, but sometimes you get to a point where all you are doing is turning them when what you really need is to take a few out (whether a rejection/acceptance) and throw a few cold ones in and see what happens.

Are you waiting for MIT political science PhD, poliscidude?

Couldn't tell you. But now that I've pretty much accepted the fact that, barring any last minute miracles, I won't be getting any offers, my productivity has skyrocketed, believe it or not. Failing and being forced to move on it very freeing.

Hey Poliscidude, I know it is dificult but don't give up hope yet. I do know that Rutgers is not completely done yet. The grad secretary told me that they were still in the process.

Thanks guys. Yeah I haven't been rejected anywhere other than the places indicated in my signature, so its possible something good might drop in my lap, but I'm being realistic. I guess it helps that I am employed and won't have to scramble to find something else to do if I don't get in. We'll see what happens...

Same here tbh. This year is done for me, barring someone at WWS suffering an embolism and letting me in. Got an essay written over the weekend and moving on to my dissertation tomorrow. I've got trips to NYC, Washington DC and Beijing to look forward to and the summer to sort out my life for the next year, ace the GRE and write knockout SOPs. Yes it sucks to strikeout first time out, but life goes on.