National Physical Science Consortium (NPSC) Fellowship

jaywalker

Aren't they on California time? So ... maybe later ... ?

I'm on California time here, it's almost 4 pm. Just gave NPSC a call but no answer :/

I wonder whether we should be treating today as a hard deadline on hearing about acceptances, or whether that was just her rough estimate when I called last week ... I also have no idea if rejections would be sent out at the same time or later. God this is frustrating!

I see in 2012 a person heard back on April 12th.

This fellowship is so mysterious to me, the website is sooo backwards and unhelpful.

Can anyone remember how to even login to the application?

Edit: Found it: https://npsc.onlineapplications.net/applications/main.asp. Still says "In Review".

Edited by rufusjbuttlicker

Errr...did anyone notice that they have different eligibility rules as in:

Be in a terminal master's program (your university offers no Ph.D. in your discipline).

And

Be returning from the workforce

I did not see those when I applied! https://www.npsc.org/Applicants/Applicants/fellowshipinfo.html

Errr...did anyone notice that they have different eligibility rules as in:

Be in a terminal master's program (your university offers no Ph.D. in your discipline).

And

Be returning from the workforce

I did not see those when I applied! https://www.npsc.org/Applicants/Applicants/fellowshipinfo.html

You only need to be in one of the four categories, it is not an ANDing of the four (that would be an eclectic group of people!).

You only need to be in one of the four categories, it is not an ANDing of the four (that would be an eclectic group of people!).

Doy...guess I should have read the sentence right above it before jumping to conclusions, eh?

So the top of their homepage has the following message

NEWS ALERT: NPSC has made its awards for 2015. Thanks to all our applicants. Remember that our fellowship awards depend not only on academic merit, but also on how many fellows our partners are able to support and on an applicant’s field of interest.

Congrats to any of you who received it

I think I saw that they had 66 current fellows. Assuming that graduation rates are around 6 years, there are about 11 fellows each year. I think awards also go to MA or MS students so the numbers are rough. As far as number of awards vs number of fellows who accept them, not sure.

Edited by pepsico

You would think they would send out rejection emails with the acceptances.  Or they lied on their page. 

Has anyone heard anything at all?

Edited to add: Apparently you can get the applicant list for free.  No wonder I received so much spam after I applied.  I'm still irritated by that.

Edited by geographyrocks

• 10 months later...

Is this the most current thread for the NPSC fellowship? I notice for the other popular fellowships a new thread is started every year, but this is the only one I could find for NPSC. Anyone here apply for 2016??

• 5 weeks later...

Hey bposadas, yeah this is the only NPSC thread I see. Seems like some bigger ones (like NSF) get a new thread every year. I applied for 2016 and am eagerly awaiting results as well... It seems like results for all other fellowships and whatnot are coming out early this year, so it kinda makes me more anxious... :wacko:

On April 2, 2016 at 10:21 PM, f_lit said:

Hey bposadas, yeah this is the only NPSC thread I see. Seems like some bigger ones (like NSF) get a new thread every year. I applied for 2016 and am eagerly awaiting results as well... It seems like results for all other fellowships and whatnot are coming out early this year, so it kinda makes me more anxious... :wacko:

I had got an offer from a company a week ago but turned it down due to other obligations this summer. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2016 at 1:39 AM, Xjay101 said:

I had got an offer from a company a week ago but turned it down due to other obligations this summer. 

I can't believe you guys replied! I had given up on this thread, and just checked in today!

I haven't heard a thing, good or bad, from NPSC. If I don't hear back this week, I was going to contact them.