National Physical Science Consortium (NPSC) Fellowship

jaywalker

On 4/29/2016 at 10:38 PM, Biochemist said:

I have not heard anything thus far either. Have you checked the portal to see your application status? Mine still says "In review," however, I am going to assume it is a no since it is so late.

Yeah, mine says in review too. Going to contact them and see if it is time to give up.

• 11 months later...

Yeah, I have been unable to access their general website either. However, I was able to log into my application here:
https://npsc.onlineapplications.net/applications/

From the past comments, I guess it might be a bit closer to mid-April before people start to hear back... all the way to mid-May..

• 2 weeks later...

According to their website, as of March 31st, they have begun to make selected awards and will do so for a few more weeks. Has anyone heard anything?

Yeah same, they just sent out the rejections today. Lol, yes i am very happy that they have at least notified us. 

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2018 at 5:11 AM, Sepens said:

Any news on this from anyone?

Sent out today:

"The NPSC Fellowship selection process is coming to a close. While a limited number of awards still need to be finalized, applicants should proceed with school choices without considering the NPSC Fellowship as a potential funding source. 

We appreciate your participation in this year's application, and hope you will stay in touch for future opportunities. We wish you the best in your future academic pursuits. "

My application is still "in review", but it's refreshing to have finally heard back in some capacity.

2 hours ago, barbarr said:

Sent out today:

"The NPSC Fellowship selection process is coming to a close. While a limited number of awards still need to be finalized, applicants should proceed with school choices without considering the NPSC Fellowship as a potential funding source. 

We appreciate your participation in this year's application, and hope you will stay in touch for future opportunities. We wish you the best in your future academic pursuits. "

My application is still "in review", but it's refreshing to have finally heard back in some capacity.

Yeah, I got the same response ~2 hours ago. Sort of a vague response, right?..guess it implies no (?)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

When you all applied, did you have 3 essays? One Research statement (past and current), one personal statement, and one "role of diversity in STEM fields and how you have contributed and might contribute in the future.?

I was lumping in the latter with my personal statement until I realized it is a separate statement. I emailed to get length requirements since I can't find any information. Any advice from winners? 

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I just called. I'm trying to get information on it too... They said that there are no length or formatting requirements. Just don't use special characters because they won't transfer over. Also, they said that the acceptance rate is less than 10% (I couldn't find that anywhere online either). Good luck!!

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2019 at 3:36 PM, atpsynthase said:

I just called. I'm trying to get information on it too... They said that there are no length or formatting requirements. Just don't use special characters because they won't transfer over. Also, they said that the acceptance rate is less than 10% (I couldn't find that anywhere online either). Good luck!!

Wow, less than 10%! I thought the acceptance rate would be higher since the NPSC doesn't seem to be as well-known as all the other fellowships. Do you know when we should expect to hear back?