Thank you?

MakeYourself

One of my LOR writers was an advisor who I applied to work with for my Masters. I have now accepted an offer to work with him for my Masters as well.

I've written a short 'thank you' email to him, but I never got him a card or wrote him a formal letter. During the time of applications, I gave cards to my other 2 LOR writers, but I felt awkward getting him one cause I didn't want him to think that I was 'brown-nosing'.

But I'm wondering since now I've accepted his offer if I should get him a card? I kind of still feel like it will be awkward because I will be working with him and I don't want to seem like I'm sucking up, but he really has done so much for me over the past couple of years that I feel like I should get him something to show my appreciation.

Any suggestions?

I think it would be appropriate to get him a card and write something along the lines of "I really appreciate all the help you've given me so far, and I'm looking forward to working with you in the future." As long as you don't get too effusive - "OMG, you're the best, smartest, most wonderful person ever" - I don't think it will be perceived as sucking up.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use