So is this a decent chance of being a yes?

Gneiss1

I received an email today from my POI at my dream school. It said he has been requesting another grad school offer and there is a possibility that he can make another offer later this week. He went on to ask if I am still interested. So are my chances fairly good you think? And does a grad school offer generally entail funding if it has to be requested by the department?

It's not a sure thing until s/he actually makes the offer. I got emailed by 2 profs at different schools, I got waitlisted at one (he had a short list of candidates he was considering), and the other never replied back after that first email (and I still don't know what's going on :/ ).

I hope you have better luck with that and get some good news soon!

Yes, this sounds like a very decent chance of a 'yes'. ;-)

I received an email today from my POI at my dream school. It said he has been requesting another grad school offer and there is a possibility that he can make another offer later this week. He went on to ask if I am still interested. So are my chances fairly good you think? And does a grad school offer generally entail funding if it has to be requested by the department?

This sounds promising but no guarantees. However, I had received an e-mail from a university asking me if I was "still interested" because I was one the candidates they were interested in. I replied that yes, I was still interested. Then I was rejected a few weeks later. I hope it turns out better for you.

Like you said, there is a possibility. If I've learned anything it's that you're always best to manage expectations until you get a definitive answer.

But best of luck, and I really hope it works out for you! Sounds like the POI wants to have you there!