Can I trust this site ?

Julianoo75

Hello

I've just discovered this site, and looking at the "search results" category, looks like already two applicants to the Phd in French at NYU have been accepted - only 3 people were to get in, so that looks really for me.

Should I trust the table of results ?

Do you often have people who put fake results ? Actually I don't understand why they had news so early (they both say Feb 7th), and why they got he news by phone or email : NYU graduate school says they will mail the results in march.... So can I trust what people say ?

Thanks

who knows 100%? but it is kind of an obscure program to make up results for...

Also, I'm starting to learn that when a school says they will mail results on X date, it often means they will mail *rejections* on X date as the accepted applicants were likely notified earlier by phone or email...

I applied to the joint PhD in French Studies/History. I know they are under the same umbrella at NYU, but different departments. How do you know that only 3 people were supposed to get in? Is that for each field of study or for the entire department? It was personal experience that the dept accepted 15-20 students, with 2-3 students per field of study. Peterson't data seems to support what I'm saying:

Peterson's offers different admissions info http://www.petersons.com/gradchannel/co ... &sponsor=1

NYU does typically mail its results in March. I went there for my MA, and I remember that a professor called me just before their break to let me know that I had been accepted. Some programs relay the news to their accepted applicants early and then wait until March to let those they have rejected that they've been rejected. But I heard positive results from NYU in mid-March, and if you look on other posts on this board, other people were accepted as late as April to NYU.

Is it possible that some applicants have been admitted early? Sure, I guess so. But I wouldn't say that you are necessarily out of the running yet. Bonne chance!