Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

I can't believe there are 40 people following the forum right now. There's a lot of nervous souls searching and yearning for their Fulbright acceptance letter, lol.

Guys, I feel so popular right now. Thank the baby Lord if we don't get Fulbright we at least have VIRTUAL FRIENDSHIP and Frosty's. 

And isn't that what life is really all about?

Hello everyone!

In case you didn't go back and read, we are definitely being told by tomorrow (Friday) evening. We've seen some FPA's say that it's definitely tomorrow, and others say "by" tomorrow in a letter forwarded directly for the Fulbright offices. Either way, tonight we will find out if we have to wait just one more day.

Also, based on last year, some of us think that the Full grant applications will be notified today, and the ETA's tomorrow, in keeping with the 2 year pattern. Last year they were announced separately, (I'm guessing because its a whole lot of emails and they wanted to break it up...) and we don't think they will be working on a Saturday to do this.

I remember them finding out last year around 7-7:30, grad cafe time, which is an hour ahead of me. I'm in NJ, so maybe I will hear 6/6:30.

My husband is applying for a full and I am applying for an ETA. It might be interesting to see how this works out if it does end up being on different days. I bet if he is given a no today I will be much more stressed tomorrow! Part of me says, "just tell me no, already" so I can move on.

I am supposed to drop something off at my FPAs office. I wonder if her facial expressions would tell me. 

Yeah, it's like they have to be trained in poker or something. If I were an FPA I'd avoid any of the applicants because I don't think I could not give them a little smile or something if they got it!

I am supposed to drop something off at my FPAs office. I wonder if her facial expressions would tell me. 

I would be so frightened to drop by at such a time. You never know; maybe you'll be greeted with a huge smile. 

I would be so frightened to drop by at such a time. You never know; maybe you'll be greeted with a huge smile. 

Now, I am also wondering who sends all the emails. It is an automated list, all these people got it and all these people didnt. Or is one person doing it for each region?

It sucks that every time I've heard back from Fulbright. Last year I was in India and this year in Budapest, Hungary. That only decreases the amount of sleep I will get tonight and/or tomorrow :(  Out of curiosity is anyone else abroad at the moment?

Just recieved a response from my FPA saying "they've told us that they are sending notifications today and tomorrow." Sounds like from the forum that grant applicants will be the ones hearing first but too all GOOD LUCK!

Just recieved a response from my FPA saying "they've told us that they are sending notifications today and tomorrow." Sounds like from the forum that grant applicants will be the ones hearing first but too all GOOD LUCK!

Thank you! I am super excited and also extremely nervous.

Ok, I am now officially in freak-out mode.

Ahh! Confirmation! I hope that FPA is right! I will believe that one since it is want i want to believe. haha.

So excited and scared! Well, my husband will probably be finding out tonight then (full) and me tomorrow (eta).

My routine in all of my classes today:

*checks grad cafe*

*checks email*

*checks grad cafe*

*checks email*

*reloads email*

*looks up at professor for less than a minute*

Repeat...