Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Thursday, and I'd applied for a full grant if that matters. Actually this is my third try...the year before I got my rejection at 6:47pm EST, also on a Thursday.

What do you think happened your first and second time?

Good morning all! (For me) Today's the day. Hopefully it doesn't take another 12 hours...I sure hope I can give friends and family some good news. They've started remembering that we should find out soon so they're all asking,,, maybe I shouldn't have told anyone that we applied!

I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and I haven't been able to go to sleep (medication maybe?). I decided to check out what was happening on this thread and now I'm in full panic mode!

Good luck everyone! I didn't receive any information from my FPA but I wasn't expecting anything really. My school has always had only a few applicants every year.

We all did amazing things to get to this moment so I congratulate all of you :)

OMG, I woke up this morning and saw that there was a new email in my yahoo account that is reserved for just the Fulbright notification. I saw that there was finally mail, I and nervously thought "the time is here!"

I logged in to yahoo and discovered that the mail was entitled "It's no mistake - your paycheck is smaller.

Yes, I almost threw my laptop... out the window! 

Good morning all! (For me) Today's the day. Hopefully it doesn't take another 12 hours...I sure hope I can give friends and family some good news. They've started remembering that we should find out soon so they're all asking,,, maybe I shouldn't have told anyone that we applied!

Yes, I don't want to speak to ANYONE until I find out the news. 

I want to know ASAP, but I also think it is kind of mean to send big news like this to people right as they are starting their day- unless it's good news. Ahhhh, wish they sent it out last night! Today is going to be difficult to focus either way.

Good luck everyone!

Good luck today everyone ! As it is already the afternoon here there's many hours until we'll find out probably so try and be productive in your day and do whatever eases your mind (i.e. workout, box, watch tv, read, or write a thesis proposal like me).  It's the best way.  However the results go I think the people that have been posting in this forum are awesome individuals and if or if you don't get Fulbright you'll do something to impact the world in some shape or fashion.   Have a great day everyone. :)

Good luck today everyone ! As it is already the afternoon here there's many hours until we'll find out probably so try and be productive in your day and do whatever eases your mind (i.e. workout, box, watch tv, read, or write a thesis proposal like me).  It's the best way.  However the results go I think the people that have been posting in this forum are awesome individuals and if or if you don't get Fulbright you'll do something to impact the world in some shape or fashion.   Have a great day everyone. :)

I agree! Great post. The type of people fulbright attracts will do great things regardless of getting the award or not.

Good luck to all. Luckily I am in Asia right now and will be sleeping soon (if I can possibly fall asleep... hand me a tsing tao please), so I hope to wake up to an email -- either way!

Edited by vPersie

I agree! Great post. The type of people fulbright attracts will do great things regardless of getting the award or not.

Good luck to all. Luckily I am in Asia right now and will be sleeping soon (if I can possibly fall asleep... hand me a tsing tao please), so I hope to wake up to an email -- either way!

That was so genuine. Thank you!

Hopefully you are notified that you are recommended when you wake up. :D

That was so genuine. Thank you!

Hopefully you are notified that you are recommended when you wake up. :D

And thank you for saying that! I'm sure I'll be up here and checking this thread for a few hours.. a little hard to fall asleep at this point haha.

Anyone else having a hard time remembering what's real and what's just a dream? I woke up this morning, slightly morose, thinking that I had already been rejected...then I recalled "oh, yea, I haven't even heard back yet..."

I may be going insane...  :wacko:

Omg I had the weirdest dream ever where I got an email with a link and it took 10 minutes to figure out what it said, and then I think it said I got recommended to Mozambique, but I didn't even apply to a country in Africa! Then I heard the alarm going off and and shot out of bed, heavily breathing.....slightly sweating

Omg I had the weirdest dream ever where I got an email with a link and it took 10 minutes to figure out what it said, and then I think it said I got recommended to Mozambique, but I didn't even apply to a country in Africa! Then I heard the alarm going off and and shot out of bed, heavily breathing.....slightly sweating

I had a similar dream last year, I realized I was dreaming when I couldnt read the email. Or I could only read some of it. Its a little disappointing when you wake up. 

Ok, I went back and checked the forum from 2 years ago. One of those applicants said that in 2009 they were notified at 9:20am est. so, it is possible for us to find out in the morning... I really hope they don't wait until the evening like the previous two years...

I just need to get this over with and be free to focus somewhere else for a change.

Edited by Here'sHopin'!

Haha, I can imagine that: having to follow 10 links to get to the notification. It would be absolute torture.