Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

im assuming that noone has received anything yet...

I heard from a friend that is in Korea on an ETA that someone else applying for Korea this year has already heard but as far as anyone on here, I don't think so.

Hey, same here!!  Where in Italy did you apply to and what field are you in?

And good luck everyone!!  Hopefully we all get some good news tomorrow.

Theoretician, 

I applied to work with the University of Padua about the social aspects of renewable energy in Trentino-Alto Adige and Veneto. My "field" is environmental social science - but I basically blend Science and Technology Studies with human geography  What about you?

Hello all,

This is my first time posting, but I wanted to let you know we will be finding out today. My FPA just emailed to say I would find out later today that I am a finalist for El Salvador. Good luck!

If you don't get the results you want this year, apply again next year -- this is my second time overall and first while in graduate school.

The anxiety I am experiencing today is just woooonnndeerffullll. I am in Chicago for an interview/audition for a professional studies program and just had my audition, plus now I know we're finding out about the Fulbright. I honestly don't think I got it, I applied for opera and I had a really crappy audition. Sigh. Why do people schedule opera singers for morning slots?? I just had a 10:30 AM audition and I swear my voice doesn't come to life until 1 PM. Oh well, whatever. I just need to get through this day but I've literally been sick to my stomach all day :( 

I almost DIED! The first email in my inbox had a big "Congratulations!" in the subject, but it just turned out to be a congratulatory email for making the Dean's list last semester. AHHH!

Hello all,

This is my first time posting, but I wanted to let you know we will be finding out today. My FPA just emailed to say I would find out later today that I am a finalist for El Salvador. Good luck!

If you don't get the results you want this year, apply again next year -- this is my second time overall and first while in graduate school.

I called my FPA and she says that even if she DID know, she's required to let Fulbright inform me themselves. :\

I almost DIED! The first email in my inbox had a big "Congratulations!" in the subject, but it just turned out to be a congratulatory email for making the Dean's list last semester. AHHH!

omg i would have passed out from that

I'm actually in Taipei right now, and it's 2AM. I just... can't bring myself to go to bed since I'm sure I'll just roll around and think about it anyways. So now I'm just watching old episodes of Glee while trying to keep my blood pressure down.

For those of you applying for the first time, the subject line you will see is "Status of Your Fulbright Application". Just a little something to help....

Actually (last year) it was "Fulbright Applilcation Status" (Yes, with the incorrect spelling and all) when we received notification last year. If you look through the forums we talked a lot last year about how much incorrect grammar and spelling was within the notification email.