Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Also, for the rest of us, would like to point out that if you compare with last year's spreadsheet, that's a couple weeks earlier for both Brazil and Peru. 
I was about to say that, but also point out that not only is it earlier than the release in the respective countries last year, but these releases are still more than a week earlier than the earliest releases last year...

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, what was the subject line of your email? 

Your Fulbright Application (P)

Oooo I did a Fulbight Hays a few years ago to Ethiopia. Super awesome experience, even though I was sick the whole time :( #stomachonlylikesingira

Oh cool--going for your second fulbright, very impressed!

Yea, my first time back to ethiopia i was sick for a month...so if I get the award I'm praying for good health!!

Oh cool--going for your second fulbright, very impressed!

Yea, my first time back to ethiopia i was sick for a month...so if I get the award I'm praying for good health!!

Yea! I mean, it was just the 5-week version tho. This time I'm going for the big full fellowship (and to India). Gotta find some way to pay for this dissertation research. I mean, if I pass my comp exams. I take my first of 3 tomorrow and am freaking out. Eeek!

Can't believe the first round of acceptances is out... Congratulations to all who were accepted, fingers crossed for alternates, and hugs and warm wishes for those who were not selected.

For those of us still waiting... I am now officially on red alert and will be constantly checking my e-mail between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. every day. ahhhhh!

Can't believe the first round of acceptances is out... Congratulations to all who were accepted, fingers crossed for alternates, and hugs and warm wishes for those who were not selected.

For those of us still waiting... I am now officially on red alert and will be constantly checking my e-mail between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. every day. ahhhhh!

I'm even checking mine after 5 because what I'd they're making some underpaid overworked intern send out the emails? (That's my crazy talking)

Congrats Fulbrighters for Peru and Brazil! We need those vibes for us that are still waiting....too many iPhone email refreshing the past couple weeks...driving myself crazy.... :blink:

Congratulations Peru, Brazil, Indonesia and UK, now can we please have something on India!!!! The stress is a killer. And with all the talk of possible 'minor cuts to participant numbers' by Fulbright I am losing sleep for sure!!!

Lol, it's not like your life has been put on hold, that's exactly it. My car is on its last legs, and I will definitely need to buy a new one soon. Who wants to be making car payments while they are abroad, though? So of course, I'm putting it off. I've been on my family's cell phone plan since I graduated, but my parents want me off when my contract expires. Should I get a new contract or get a month to month contract? BF and I are probably going to get a joint account if I stay... As well as getting a joint bank account.. Thinking about applying for a new job, but I don't want to start something new and then have to renig if I get the Fulbright...

And I know many of you are trying to figure out grad school and what you want to do after graduating and what not. We LITERALLY have to put everything on hold!

:) I am so glad I don't have to doubt my sanity and there are so many other people who feel exactly the same way.  I have been postponing a 'talk' with my boss asking for a transfer which I desperately want because I keep wondering if it's too premature and if I should wait for FSB!!! But then again it can only go one way and we can't do much about this anymore. We did put a lot of effort so *deep breaths* whatever!!  (Of all the things I needed to worry about I really didn't think it would be sequestration and having to know exactly what it means!! ) But for what it's worth BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE. I HOPE WE ALL GET IT :)))

:) I am so glad I don't have to doubt my sanity and there are so many other people who feel exactly the same way.  I have been postponing a 'talk' with my boss asking for a transfer which I desperately want because I keep wondering if it's too premature and if I should wait for FSB!!! But then again it can only go one way and we can't do much about this anymore. We did put a lot of effort so *deep breaths* whatever!!  (Of all the things I needed to worry about I really didn't think it would be sequestration and having to know exactly what it means!! ) But for what it's worth BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE. I HOPE WE ALL GET IT :)))

Ugh. It's rough. I feel bad for my boyfriend. Not only will he have to deal with me being gone for a year ( we did four and a half years of long distance in college..so.. I can't blame him for not wanting that again.) but I would not be contributing to things like rent, utilities, and cable. I know I am putting a large burden on him and I feel pretty crappy about that. I hate him having his life being put on hold as well. I feel pretty selfish.

Ugh. It's rough. I feel bad for my boyfriend. Not only will he have to deal with me being gone for a year ( we did four and a half years of long distance in college..so.. I can't blame him for not wanting that again.) but I would not be contributing to things like rent, utilities, and cable. I know I am putting a large burden on him and I feel pretty crappy about that. I hate him having his life being put on hold as well. I feel pretty selfish.

I am doing the same thing to my fiancee. The question is, would you regret it later that you didnt go? That is why I applied and plan to go if accepted. I am sure he understands. My fiancee isnt too happy about it, but gets it. I am also willing to stay permanently near his family and parents when I come back.