Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Anyone else waiting for word from Mexico? I'm applying for a full/research grant. I heard from my FPA that they were still doing Skype interviews last Monday...ufff.

Congrats to all who are getting good news & best of luck everybody else!

I'm also affiliated with Seoul National! And I'm researching the nation security implications stemming from the KORUS FTA :)

Nice~ If it's anything like Fulbright Japan, they'll have a welcoming party at the beginning where awardees get to meet people from the Oegyo Tongsangbu. 

BTW, for any Korean Americans, the A-3 visa has some weird stipulations, so it would be a good idea to call your nearest embassy and double check on things.

What's up everybody, new to the forum and I'm a finalist for the ETA to the Czech Republic.  Anyone else on here applied to the CZ?  I have a friend there right now on an ETA and she heard back April of last year so hopefully hearing something soon

Edited by penaltybox19

What's up everybody, new to the forum and I'm a finalist for the ETA to the Czech Republic.  Anyone else on here applied to the CZ?  I have a friend there right now on an ETA and she heard back April of last year so hopefully hearing something soon

Hey, iʼm a finalist for the ETA to Slovakia. I wonder if weʼd ever cross paths. 

Oops, I just re-looked; Finland said beginning of April. Still, that's not so bad!

wait where are you looking? is there a list somewhere that says when countries notify the winners?

Is anyone here applying for the mtvU Fulbright?
Yes, I applied for the Fulbright Mtv-U and submitted by March 1... Did you apply as well?

Anyone else out there apply specifically to the Fulbright-mtvU program? It's a newer program, and our deadline wasn't until March 1st, so I have no clue what the process/timeframe looks like from here on out. 
Yes I applied for the Fulbright MTV-U ...how was your application process?

Hey, iʼm a finalist for the ETA to Slovakia. I wonder if weʼd ever cross paths. 

We most likely would.  From what I've heard there is a conference at the halfway point of the grant held in Slovakia near Bratislava for people awarded grants from the CZ and Slovakia

Nice~ If it's anything like Fulbright Japan, they'll have a welcoming party at the beginning where awardees get to meet people from the Oegyo Tongsangbu. 

BTW, for any Korean Americans, the A-3 visa has some weird stipulations, so it would be a good idea to call your nearest embassy and double check on things.

Oh okay! Thanks!

wait where are you looking? is there a list somewhere that says when countries notify the winners?

Yes, we should probably post this periodically. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmoTe-gJd4B9dFJ0aW1mYTVkYnhKcUEzR28yRTNwdlE#gid=1

If it doesn't work let me know. I applied to Estonia, just right across the way!

Any day now! I also applied to Norway. Where/what do you want to study?

Oslo, tuberculosis research. so biomedicine or whatever. How bout you??

Yes, we should probably post this periodically. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmoTe-gJd4B9dFJ0aW1mYTVkYnhKcUEzR28yRTNwdlE#gid=1

If it doesn't work let me know. I applied to Estonia, just right across the way!

I agree about posting that google doc periodically. I just added it to my signature. If a few others could do that too, I think it would really help remind newcomers to keep their info updated on there and to use it to check on notifications for other countries.

Hi all! I'm a finalist for an ETA to Latvia (of course after no interest in the program for 3 years 22 people applied this year...). I've noticed a lot of you seem to know when results are coming out- besides checking the past spreadsheets, who are y'all contacting for the info, the people listed on the country page? Thanks so much, and good luck (and congrats to everyone who's already heard back!)!

I think people are mostly going off spreadsheets from previous years, or contacting the representative from IIE for their region. Honestly, I wouldn't contact them though. They probably are pretty busy. I think the time frame of notification for previous years is fairly reliable as a predictor, at least as to which week you'll hear back for your country & program.

Oslo, tuberculosis research. so biomedicine or whatever. How bout you??

Epigenomics of spruce trees in relation to climate change at UMB (near Oslo). I hope there isn't a quota for biology-related projects! Good luck!

Hi all! I'm a finalist for an ETA to Latvia (of course after no interest in the program for 3 years 22 people applied this year...). I've noticed a lot of you seem to know when results are coming out- besides checking the past spreadsheets, who are y'all contacting for the info, the people listed on the country page? Thanks so much, and good luck (and congrats to everyone who's already heard back!)!

Are you going to be based in Riga if you go? I applied to Estonia. Looks like we will find out about the same time.

Yet another applicant for an ETA to Germany coming out of the wood works...Hi everyone!  I share a similar feeling to many others I've seen start posting on here---where I was much less stressed before finding this forum, but I can't stay away anymore!  Here's to hoping they stay with last year's schedule of notifying this coming week...my sister has started to yell at me for wishing that weekdays would come faster... :P

Are you going to be based in Riga if you go? I applied to Estonia. Looks like we will find out about the same time.

I hope so! Before they updated the description halfway through the process and added a second spot, the website stated that you'd be placed at a university right outside of the city, and I gestured towards that preference in my application. Where would you be in Estonia?

Ugh I don't know if I can wait a few more weeks, haha. I just wanna know and get it over with!

I hope so! Before they updated the description halfway through the process and added a second spot, the website stated that you'd be placed at a university right outside of the city, and I gestured towards that preference in my application. Where would you be in Estonia?

Ugh I don't know if I can wait a few more weeks, haha. I just wanna know and get it over with!

I will be at the University of Tartu if I get it. The waiting is brutal, I won't lie. I was hoping to find out in March, but it is looking like April at the earliest. Good luck!

Hi there, Caribbean lurker here. I applied for a full grant to Barbados. I saw that last year the Caribbean applicants didn't find out until May-- I'm really hoping that it's sooner this year!

Hi!

This is my first time posting!  I applied for a full grant to Jamaica, and I am going crazy waiting for that email.  It's great to hear from other Caribbean applicants.  Best of luck! :)

I agree about posting that google doc periodically. I just added it to my signature. If a few others could do that too, I think it would really help remind newcomers to keep their info updated on there and to use it to check on notifications for other countries.

Great idea  ^_^

Message from Eileen (IIE, Russia):

Unfortunately we do not have a definitive timeline and the current sequestration may delay things somewhat. I would be hopeful that we may be in a position to notify applicants by mid-April but I am not in a position to give a definitive date. If we have any update on this in the coming weeks, I will let you know.

Congrats and best wishes to the rest!

EDIT: Not going to lie, that message scared the crap out of me when I first read the word "Unfortunately" in the beginning of my e-mail.

Hi, I'm also applying to Russia. Do you know if this applies to both research grants and ETA? Also was this email sent out to everyone for Russia?

Thanks

Hi!

This is my first time posting!  I applied for a full grant to Jamaica, and I am going crazy waiting for that email.  It's great to hear from other Caribbean applicants.  Best of luck! :)

So great to hear from other Caribbean applicants, especially for the British Caribbean! Good luck to you and everyone else from the Caribbean and Central America. Here's hoping for some news in the near future!

It's pretty comforting to know that I'm not the only one biting my nails down to nubs! Anyway, I was recommended for the ETA in Luxembourg and I was wondering if anyone had any information at all. What I've gathered from sussing through this forum is that there's been a squestration that's putting a hold on the process.

Anyway, any information about Luxembourg would be really appreciated!

Cheers!