Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

My thoughts exactly.  First oh god: full grants heard today, we'll probably hear today too.  Second oh god: It could still be another 2 weeks since the last few years haven't notified full and ETA together.  Third oh god: IT COULD BE TODAY.  And so on..... 
Last year if I recall correctly, Germany ETAs were notified only a couple days after the full grants. Can anyone confirm on that? So hopefully we won't have to wait to long... I'm guessing that we'll at least hear by Friday.

Hey guys! I've been anxiously checking this thread all the time for weeks now. I just heard back -- I was awarded a full grant for the Fulbright U.S. Young Journalist Program in Germany! My project is to study how the German media is covering the rollout or (lack thereof) of fracking for natural gas, then intern at Deutsche Welle or something like that, hopefully in Berlin. Is there a good way for all of us Germany people to connect?

Good luck to the rest of you guys! What do we think the crystal ball says about ETA's hearing back? One week? Two weeks?

I look forward to now NOT feeling the urge to stressfully open this thread every 25 minutes.

Lucas

Sorry to hear that, but I'm afraid I haven't a clue.

Ditto. Sorry to hear that and I'm not sure on the number of them. The little bit of hope I can offer is anecdotal: someone from my university last year turned down Fulbright for the GSA's German Program for Advanced Studies in Berlin (or whatever it's called—the doctoral colloquium arranged by the GSA). So alternates do get called upon. Sit tight! (You too, ETA applicants, good luck as you continue your wait.)

Long time lurker here...was made an alternate to Germany. Anyone have any clue as to how many alternates there (or have been in past years)/how many have ben pulled up in past years?

Hard and fast figures are difficult to come by, but you can reference previous years' spreadsheets here to see if people were moved from alternate to accepted, and how long it took (you can view past year's results via the tabs at the bottom).

Additionally, those of you who have found out, please take some time to update the spreadsheet so we can provide more accurate data for future would-be Fulbrighters!

Dear Germany,

Please send ETA's their emails in the next couple of days. If I have to wait another two weeks, I may as well call in sick to work, because I won't get anything done. And I'm pretty sure I'd have to get a doctors note for a leave of absence, and I don't think doctors write notes for things like this.

Love,

Me

Edited by there'sanappforthat

My thoughts exactly.  First oh god: full grants heard today, we'll probably hear today too.  Second oh god: It could still be another 2 weeks since the last few years haven't notified full and ETA together.  Third oh god: IT COULD BE TODAY.  And so on..... 
I was about to cry! Lol. I was like...I haven't received anything :( so...the waiting continues?

Dear Germany,

Please send ETA's their emails in the next couple of days. If I have to wait another two weeks, I may as well call in sick to work, because I won't get anything done. And I'm pretty sure I'd have to get a doctors note for a leave of absence, and I don't think doctors write notes for things like this.

Love,

Me

Good thing I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow.... ;)

I have decided that I want my friend in Estonia to accidentally let the news slip to me before I get the email from IIE. Yeah, it is sad that I have a dream about how I want to find out. This is what waiting does. :'(