Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Who is afraid of a revolution? haha...only those bastards at the top should be!
I know (at least I hope) this was said in jest, but why is there such overwhelming resentment directed at successful people? I've been exposed to highly successful, as well as unsuccessful, people, and on average the successful have been much more generous, dependable, and overall "high quality" as it is usually defined...

Thursday, and I'd applied for a full grant if that matters. Actually this is my third try...the year before I got my rejection at 6:47pm EST, also on a Thursday.

Wow, you are very persistent. I really hope you get it, this is my second time. I am also doing the Whitaker which is a Fulbright for biomedical engineers. Each application takes a lot out of you. 

I am on my second go as well, I took a year off between my two applications though.  I would love to go, but honestly, I'm trying to set myself up to not get too distraught if it doesn't go over as planned. I think I will wait until I am married to apply again if need be, so the SO could possibly go. Anyone know if there is a stipulation on how long you  need to have been married before you qualify for the dependent stipund?

Also, anyone around who knows someone or has taken a spouse along for a Fulbright. I brought it up to my boyfriend, but he was worried about what he would do. Can he get a job? Anyone have any experience with this?

I am an ETA applicant so I may have another day like today, tomorrow. :( Good luck, third time is a charm!

The extra day will be torture, I know, but if I've learned anything from the past two rejection experiences it's to savor these hours leading up to the notification..they're nerve-wracking, sure, but also exciting like nothing else...right now anything's still possible.

Wow, you are very persistent. I really hope you get it, this is my second time. I am also doing the Whitaker which is a Fulbright for biomedical engineers. Each application takes a lot out of you. 

persistent, or just bat-shit crazy. 

persistent, or just bat-shit crazy. 

I dont think crazy is the word, like I said the Whitaker application is just as bad as the Fulbright. So technically I have applied 4 times! I would keep applying, but I am planning to graduate within the next 1-2 years so time is running out. If nothing else, I have learned a lot about myself that I would have never figured out if not for this fellowship application. Also, I have been able to communicate with people I would have never done normally. I guess finding the silver lining is how I am approaching the notifications. 

I'm supposed to be filling out these complex order models in Excel for all the programs I'm managing and instead I'm twiddling with the mini Coffeemate creamers on my desk and staring anxiously into my phone!

At what point do we stop waiting and just assume it will be tomorrow? 6:00, 7:00, 7:30?

I would guess 7. It seems like everything I have read says that the notifications have come between 6 and 7.

I'm in Hawaii so it's only 1:24 here... I still have all day to freak out!

i'm in California... was kind of banking on finding out by 7:30pm eastern.... now you've got me more worried about having to wait for our own time zone.... :wacko:

i'm in California... was kind of banking on finding out by 7:30pm eastern.... now you've got me more worried about having to wait for our own time zone.... :wacko:

I just mean I have to be up all day even if they don't send them out by 8 EST. ill still be awake and thinking about it for many, many more hours.

How certain are we that we'll find out today and/or tomorrow? I have applied twice before (2010-2011 and 2012-2013). For my first attempt, I didn't hear back until Jan. 29th. I applied as an At-Large candidate this time, so I don't have a FPA. I just want to make sure that my freaking out will end soon.

I just mean I have to be up all day even if they don't send them out by 8 EST. ill still be awake and thinking about it for many, many more hours.

I'm pretty sure it is all done on EST