Old School TV Distractions

dragynally

I bought Darkwing Duck on DVD! One of my fave childhood shows. I have every intention of watching it all to distract my mind from my waiting app. This got me thinking I wonder if any one else remembers the simpler times of Saturday morning cartoons and recess. I remember Tiny Toon Adventures, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Tale Spin,Pepper Ann, Doug, Animaniacs and Freakazoid....

What about you? What were your cartoon faves?

Correction: Eureka's Castle.

I tried to make a list of all the cartoons I watched as a kid once. I came up with around 40, and have randomly been remembering ones I've forgotten about since then.

As a Kid I Loved (not all are cartoons):

Hey Dude!

You Can't Do That On TV

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo

Are You Afraid of the Dark

Salute Your Shorts

Dexter's Lab

Johnny Bravo

Animaniacs

Dark Wing Duck

Tiny Toons

The Adventures of Ali Mack

Clarissa Explains it All

Rugrats

Doug

Family Double Dare

Legends of the Hidden Temple

GUTS

...and more...

Quick Note: I watched WAY too much TV as a kid. Sadly, I just realized this...

I wasn't into too much TV as a kid, but I loved the Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego? cartoon show. Not the game-show, but the one on Fox with Acme detectives Zack and Ivy. I downloaded pretty much the whole series off of the Internet a few years ago and put it on some CD-Rs, which I still watch occasionally.

Was also a big fan of Gargoyles. Didn't revisit it until recently, but once I did I found it was just as compelling as I recalled. I shouldn't've been as surprised as I was to learn that the creator was a former English-teacher with a keen interest in mythology.

So I know this isn't a cartoon, but

Power Rangers!!

I watched the entire 1st and 2nd seasons, but I then got disinterested...

I loved the game shows on Nick. "Legends" was awesome!

I also liked the format of All That(kinda like SNL for kids). Even though the later seasons were terrible.

I've been using Netflix streaming to my XBox to watch old-school favorites like Knight Rider, The Incredible Hulk, and The A-Team. I didn't remember them being this cheesy! My favorite is when the Hulk is wrestling a bear, and you can see the green make-up rubbing off onto the bear.