UCLA sending notifications now!

mochalatte

Hey guys! I just heard from UCLA today.....

Admitted to the M.A. program in Higher Education and Organizational Change for Fall 2009!! Wooo hoo!

FYI: It came in a small envelope via snail mail. The letter was dated February 13, 2009.

I think that means everyone else will hear now soon - good luck to all! *fingers crossed for GradCafe folk*

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to those who got in! I went to UCLA as an undergrad and miss it dearly. I applied to their Student Affairs program and found out from another candidate that she received her acceptance letter last week. I have not heard anything and am beginning to get discouraged. =( I don't know too much specifically about the HEOC program but I would be more than happy to give one student's opinion about any general questions about the UCLA campus and student life if you want to ask here or PM me.

A hearty congratulations to Inspekt!! That's great!

A huge congrats to highered09 as well - we might be classmates! How exciting!! I actually went to UCLA for undergrad, and I went roaming around Westwood about two weeks ago because I was feeling nostalgic (I am sure yukihime knows what I mean!). UCLA is great, and if you go there I'm sure you'll love it. I am waiting to hear re: funding from Columbia, and whether or not I'm in at a few other schools too. Did you get assigned your faculty advisor for UCLA? My letter said that they've assigned me to Richard Wagoner. I'm thinking it would be worthwhile to go down to UCLA and meet him perhaps, since I didn't spend much time around the School of Education during undergrad... do you plan to do that also?

Phoenix Rising - keep the faith! I am hoping you get in too!

And yukihime, it's great to see another Bruin on the board. I really hope you get in - I completely understand the "missing UCLA" feeling!! :P

I received an an admitted email for the PhD from UCLA on Jan 27th. It came from a professor. I also got a phone call last week from the professor who is expected to be my advisor. I'm extremely excited that I got in, esp since my GRE wasn't do great... Didn't get up to 1300 and had only 4.5 in the writing section. I think my SOP made a big difference!

it seems as if all ucla phd admit notifications happened at the end of Jan?

the two people who got into ucla phd programs on this site both reported receiving notification at the end of jan...

i hope this is not the case...does anyone know what's taking them so long to let the rest of us know?

Thanks for the support mochalatte. It's almost the end of the month and I heard that my program's acceptance letters went out last week. Since there's still no news on my end, I am assuming rejection. I'm a little sad and bitter since I devoted a lot of my undergraduate years to working with the Education department. Oh well. Screw LA. I'm going to SC. hahaha. :lol:

I applied for a PhD in psychological studies in education. I'm still waiting for a decision, and I'm hoping to hear soon. Has anyone else with this emphasis heard anything either way?

Thanks!

I applied to this emphasis and got my lovely rejection letter today. (D*mn GRE!) I don't know where you live but consider the mailing time it may take for you to hear something. I live in LA and it was postmarked 2/26. Hope this helps.

:)

I applied to this emphasis and got my lovely rejection letter today. (D*mn GRE!) I don't know where you live but consider the mailing time it may take for you to hear something. I live in LA and it was postmarked 2/26. Hope this helps.

:)

Oh goodee. That means I should get my rejection tomorrow-ish. So so sad.

Do you know anyone who was accepted to this emphasis? If so, do you know when they heard?