Fulbright 2009-2010

water_rabbit

jtb01 - I also applied for a full grant to Sweden - I've been checking my mailbox like crazy. That's good to know they already met, I just want to know! I'll post here when/if I hear anything. Thanks for posting the results of your phone call info gathering.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, did anyone have to send a scanned copy of their passport over to the IIE at any point? The director of ME and NA programs emailed me to get me to send a scanned copy of the first pages of my passport over to him so that it could be forwarded onward to the host country (in this case, Egypt). I am trying to assess a) if this is a hopeful thing and B) if so, how hopeful? Has anyone else gotten a request like this and, if so, have you been offered a grant afterward? Thanks for the insights :-)

I got a very vague email yesterday informing me that a letter had been sent to my home regarding my application. From this alone, I would have assumed that all finalists received this email, but it also included a list of youth hostels in Cologne (where they have the Fulbright orientation in Germany). So, I replied to the email and asked if all finalists had gotten the email or just those who had been awarded the grant. I got a reply today saying the email was just for the grantees, so if anyone else who applied for an ETA in Germany got this email and wasn't sure whether or not to jump up and down, feel free to start jumping!

anyone receive a final decision from ecuador yet? the waiting is killing me!

Hey! I received notice that I got a grant to Ecuador (pending medical clearance) on Wednesday.....it was in a manila envelope in the mail.

Have you heard yet? What did you propose to study?

I got a very vague email yesterday informing me that a letter had been sent to my home regarding my application. From this alone, I would have assumed that all finalists received this email, but it also included a list of youth hostels in Cologne (where they have the Fulbright orientation in Germany). So, I replied to the email and asked if all finalists had gotten the email or just those who had been awarded the grant. I got a reply today saying the email was just for the grantees, so if anyone else who applied for an ETA in Germany got this email and wasn't sure whether or not to jump up and down, feel free to start jumping!

I received this too--which is why I was so confused! I didn't want to get too excited before the letter came (I'll still probably keep quiet about it until the letter comes -- although your post makes me feel MUCH BETTER!)

I received this too--which is why I was so confused! I didn't want to get too excited before the letter came (I'll still probably keep quiet about it until the letter comes -- although your post makes me feel MUCH BETTER!)

Ha, yeah. When I read the email, I was wondering, "God, is everyone else as confused as I am?" I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one! Now I'm just dying to know where they're sending me. I really, really hope I get Hamburg...

klb or johanna,

How vague was the email? Was it clearly about the ETA, or was it just about the Fulbright in general? I'm hoping for a research grant and did not receive such an email...

tjm

It specified ETA.

I know another girl waiting for word about the research grant to Germany and she hasn't heard anything yet either

klb5, you made my day. Thanks! And congratulations!

Just out of curiosity, did anyone have to send a scanned copy of their passport over to the IIE at any point? The director of ME and NA programs emailed me to get me to send a scanned copy of the first pages of my passport over to him so that it could be forwarded onward to the host country (in this case, Egypt). I am trying to assess a) if this is a hopeful thing and B) if so, how hopeful? Has anyone else gotten a request like this and, if so, have you been offered a grant afterward? Thanks for the insights :-)

Hi Emily, I just got a passport request from the Fulbright Commission in my host country (Oman). Hopefully it means we're on some kind of a short list, but that's just speculation. Did anyone else get a passport request?

Hey tjm, I haven't received any notification at all as a research applicant. Hopefully that was just the ETAs who got that email. My adviser tells me that letters were sent out from Germany last Tuesday. So should be any time now. Good luck. Godspeed. Over and out.

Dear All.

I come from Lebanon. I am a nominee for a fulbright grant. I applied for 4 MBA programs in US universities. I got a letter from the MBA director of one of these programs telling me that I am going to be accepted! I am still waiting for the funding issue Could you please give me any helpful number or contact in USA maybe to ask about the situation and when should I expect the final decision? I have been waiting for about 1 year. I am trying to use some mental control on myself so I dont get anxious 8).

Hey tjm, I haven't received any notification at all as a research applicant. Hopefully that was just the ETAs who got that email. My adviser tells me that letters were sent out from Germany last Tuesday. So should be any time now. Good luck. Godspeed. Over and out.

Thanks, Susan. Good luck to you as well!

Dear All.

I come from Lebanon. I am a nominee for a fulbright grant. I applied for 4 MBA programs in US universities. I got a letter from the MBA director of one of these programs telling me that I am going to be accepted! I am still waiting for the funding issue Could you please give me any helpful number or contact in USA maybe to ask about the situation and when should I expect the final decision? I have been waiting for about 1 year. I am trying to use some mental control on myself so I dont get anxious 8).

Roman, Since we are all US students applying to go abroad our application process is different. Go to http://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/ for application and contact information. Best of Luck!

Hey! I received notice that I got a grant to Ecuador (pending medical clearance) on Wednesday.....it was in a manila envelope in the mail.

Have you heard yet? What did you propose to study?

Congratulations!!

I received notice that I was awarded a grant to Ecuador last Monday. I proposed a census and ecological study of both owl monkeys and woolly monkeys in a newly established biological reserve. I am so excited! How about you??