Applying for Bio statistics PHS - 6 years experince in Research

Agun

I have a MS in statistics from NCSU and 6 years experience working bio-statistician at a cancer center. I am planning to apply for a PHD for Fall 2013. I am looking at schools in west coast near Bay area (Stanford, UC- Berkley and UC- Davis are schools)....I doubt I would get in Stanford or Berkeley as they are rated 1 and 2 for statistics..any suggestions/reviews for schools in San Francisco area will be greatly appreciated...Thx

Yea you are pretty limited then; although Davis is good. I've had a chance to work with people there. It is not very diverse though - in gender or location of applicants, but I suppose that is par for the course with the discipline.

That wouldn't be a pleasant commute though. Not sure why Berkeley BioStats is off the list though; BioStats has it's own graduate group and is more than likely easier to get into - especially coming from a well regarded masters program.

Thanks for the reply..,Stanford and Berkeley are not off my list ..I am just not sure if I would get an admission there considering they are top schools...I might actually apply for statistics though my research interest is in biostat....